SMASH gets SMASHED

diamond_dust

http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1328881935

The Japan-based SMASH promotion headed up by former ECW and WWE star Yoshihiro Tajiri is now folding reports The Wrestling Observer. The promotion, which was big on featuring women's wrestling, will be running events through 3/14 at Korakuen Hall and will be closing up.

Shame I thought Tajiri had a nice little product going there. At one point it looked like it would grow to Dragon Gate Super Cult status.

I found this posted else where:

PWinsider:

SMASH, The Japanese promotion run by former WWE and ECW star Yoshihiro Tajiri, announced that they would be shutting down operations this March. Tajiri noted that the company was closing due to "creative" issues within management and all shows through March would take place as scheduled.

The word making the rounds in the last week has been that WWE has reached out to a number of Cruiserweight style wrestlers that had worked for the company in the past for their planned Cruiser series that would debut as part of the WWE Network. While nothing is confirmed, Tajiri would fit that bill.

Damn it! And we all know what this mean. When one promotion closes down - 2 or 3 will pop back up. Anyone want to bet against that? Let see.... Tajiri with one group called 'CRASH' and use various freelancers and old friends for monthly shows. Maybe the girls will start an exclusive 'SMASH-Gals' joshi league and hold bi-monthly efforts. And the actual money man/promotor will take Ohara and the SMASH rookies and build 'SMACK' around them in a less expensive operation the SMASH. And by saying this, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if all of these fantasy predictions actually happend.

But its a shame SMASH closes down. It was a real strange promotion bringing in a bunch of foreigners that normally wouldn't get a chance in Japan like the Fins, and even a fellow Norwegian Bj

Archived