Things that make you go... ugh!

WWFChilli

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think wrestling fans are what makes me go euugh,especially the ones who act likes its real.The amount of times I've heard one say 'yeah but he would have won that match if that other guy hadn't of interfered'.It's a work you tit.

Also I had a cousin who after watching the Zach Gowan thing where he jumped the rails to help hogan gave me his theory on whether it was a real incident or not. I was just sat there thinking 'Yeah because the guys who jump the rail are often given a contract the week later'. After hearing my relative say he believed it was real I have never wished I was adopted more than that moment.

• Paid Members
Wrestlers Image outside the ring.

I'm not Gok Wan or anything but its killed me over the years just how shit ex wrestlers and some current wrestlers dress outside the ring. Don't get me wrong a fanny pack and Golds Gym vest is 10/10 in my eyes but just the general appearance of a wrestler is so awful. You often see them on Shoots wearing the most minging shirts known to man.

To just contrast this slightly, you have to applaud John Cena as the true company man, as someone who seems to travel everywhere in a suit, and clearly takes a lot of pride in his image. Fair play! Punk normally looks ok also, but generally I cringe when I see wrestlers out of the ring! (Though I do have a soft spot for zubasz(sp?).

• Paid Members
I think wrestling fans are what makes me go euugh,especially the ones who act likes its real.The amount of times I've heard one say 'yeah but he would have won that match if that other guy hadn't of interfered'.It's a work you tit.

Also I had a cousin who after watching the Zach Gowan thing where he jumped the rails to help hogan gave me his theory on whether it was a real incident or not. I was just sat there thinking 'Yeah because the guys who jump the rail are often given a contract the week later'. After hearing my relative say he believed it was real I have never wished I was adopted more than that moment.

Reminds me of the guy behind me in an IPW:UK VIP entrance (ie, Russ lets the smarky types in through the Orpington Sportoplex fire doors) queue once, who told me that he'd listened to some guys at a WWE show discussing whether Michaels would beat Cena, and then snarkily "informed" them how it would all go down? Whoever that was reminded me of Simon from The Office.

Hell yes.also I should point out I was talking about adult fans not kids and my cousin was 30 at the time this happened.

Fans who really, truly believe absolutely MAKE live small venue shows. Nothing worse than a bunch of smelly fucking smarks chuntering out shit they learned online. That's why the best shows I ever attended were lubricated with some ales first - helps in the suspension of disbelief.

While talking about wanker fans, my first live experience of "smarks" was at the EWA Sabu show (the second one, in Walthamstow in about 1997). Me and my mate had only ever really seen a couple of ok UK shows and WWF stuff live (though we were obviously getting into ECW as we were there to see Sabu/RVD/Mikey).

Anyway, first or second match, someone slaps on a Sharpshooter, which either me or my mate mention, this leads to two fucking complete 'tards sitting near us leaning in and pointing out that it was in fact a "Scorpion Death Lock". This lead to them going on about how Bret Hart wasn't really much of a technical wrestler and that the Japanaese wrestlers were much better. Bret nicked the move from Japan you see (or Ronnie Garvin) and that makes him shit!

The tone at which we got an "OMG, that's NOT a Sharpshooter, that's just the crap WWF name for it. It's actually a ....blah blah blah, cunty-cunty-cunty..." was amazing.

Thankfully most people were there to just enjoy the show, and while I've encountered idiots at dozens of shows since, I don't think anyone was as much of a pointless, smarky prick as that pair of cunts I met at that Sabu show.

• Paid Members
While talking about wanker fans, my first live experience of "smarks" was at the EWA Sabu show (the second one, in Walthamstow in about 1997). Me and my mate had only ever really seen a couple of ok UK shows and WWF stuff live (though we were obviously getting into ECW as we were there to see Sabu/RVD/Mikey).

Anyway, first or second match, someone slaps on a Sharpshooter, which either me or my mate mention, this leads to two fucking complete 'tards sitting near us leaning in and pointing out that it was in fact a "Scorpion Death Lock". This lead to them going on about how Bret Hart wasn't really much of a technical wrestler and that the Japanaese wrestlers were much better. Bret nicked the move from Japan you see (or Ronnie Garvin) and that makes him shit!

The tone at which we got an "OMG, that's NOT a Sharpshooter, that's just the crap WWF name for it. It's actually a ....blah blah blah, cunty-cunty-cunty..." was amazing.

Thankfully most people were there to just enjoy the show, and while I've encountered idiots at dozens of shows since, I don't think anyone was as much of a pointless, smarky prick as that pair of cunts I met at that Sabu show.

They probably post on here, or did at one point.

Reminds me of the guy behind me in an IPW:UK VIP entrance (ie, Russ lets the smarky types in through the Orpington Sportoplex fire doors) queue once, who told me that he'd listened to some guys at a WWE show discussing whether Michaels would beat Cena, and then snarkily "informed" them how it would all go down? Whoever that was reminded me of Simon from The Office.

Hell yes.also I should point out I was talking about adult fans not kids and my cousin was 30 at the time this happened.

Fans who really, truly believe absolutely MAKE live small venue shows. Nothing worse than a bunch of smelly fucking smarks chuntering out shit they learned online. That's why the best shows I ever attended were lubricated with some ales first - helps in the suspension of disbelief.

Ahh see for me it just makes it all a bit silly,I'm not really a mark but I believe in common sense and the thought of someone actually believing it may be real just makes me sad.I would never say anything to anyone I heard saying it but it does annoy me

Theres a bit of a difference between being a smarmy mark and having common sense.The proper smarks annoy the shit out of me also but I cannot take anyone above a certain age who thinks that someone jumping the rail to help a wrestler is actually going to be given a contract for real,you dont need to be an internet mark to realise that aint real you just need a brain.

Hehe, yeah, more than likely. I wish i could remember what they looked like but it's so bloody long ago.

I remember we foolishly got talking to these douchebags for a little bit and when either me or my mate mentioned liking Shawn Michaels the best, we were met with even more "OMG, he's not a highflyer, the stuff he does is shit compared to Blah-blah Blahblahablah" followed by a list of Japanese guys who were "better" than him.

If I could go back and dick-kick people through time, these guys would be high on my personal list.

• Paid Members

Hehe, yeah, more than likely. I wish i could remember what they looked like but it's so bloody long ago.

I remember we foolishly got talking to these douchebags for a little bit and when either me or my mate mentioned liking Shawn Michaels the best, we were met with even more "OMG, he's not a highflyer, the stuff he does is shit compared to Blah-blah Blahblahablah" followed by a list of Japanese guys who were "better" than him.

If I could go back and dick-kick people through time, these guys would be high on my personal list.

You'd only fuck it up - you don't have the skills of Michael Nakamura backing you up, white devil.

Three words; Impact Zone audience.

They are right twats. Every week getting worse and only reacting when Jeff Hardy comes out. I feel the same though. They really kill the product.

Speaking on TNA. I found TNA entrance themes are just plain awful its generic rock.

Another thing that makes me go UGH!!! Is Super Cena/Cena Mode. Now I admit I no longer watch any John Cena matches I usually go for a toilet break unless its something special IE Cena/Rock Vs Miz/R-Truth. But Super Cena/Cena mode make just really got on my nerves. Its annoyed me more than TNA in general.

Does Cena go into Cena Mode anymore?

Archived