SMACKDOWN SPOILERS

PowerButchi

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Henry, as good as he was, didn't focus on being a champion for me.

For Bryan, it's all about the belt and all about being champion. His actions are all about keeping the championship. There is nothing else for him. WORLD. HEAVYWEIGHT. CHAMPION.

Henry was as happy fucking people up as he was being the champ. It's not a criticism, just an observation. The belt came as a direct result of his path of destruction, rather than him taking people out to get there.

It was almost just convenient that success came due to his actions. I think he'd be just as happy if there wasn't even a belt, and he just got to hurt people.

It was almost just convenient that success came due to his actions. I think he'd be just as happy if there wasn't even a belt, and he just got to hurt people.

Ever since he lost the belt though, he has been obsessed getting a one on one rematch. He's had matches where he could beat people up badly in them, but what mattered was getting the title back.

• Paid Members
Mark Henry, as good as he was, didn't focus on being a champion for me.

For Bryan, it's all about the belt and all about being champion. His actions are all about keeping the championship. There is nothing else for him. WORLD. HEAVYWEIGHT. CHAMPION.

Henry was as happy fucking people up as he was being the champ. It's not a criticism, just an observation. The belt came as a direct result of his path of destruction, rather than him taking people out to get there.

Incorrect. His whole Hall Of Pain rampage of pain and terror was Henry's being bitter and frustrated at being such a failure for 10 years, and all of it was based around him becoming Champion. It was his way of destroying everyone in his path and saying "I am the Champion finally, I proved you all wrong, I dare you to try take it off me".

His promo after he won the title from Orton gave the belt more credibility than it has had in years. As much as I love Daniel Bryan the belt means less now that it's on him. His character is a cocky little shit, but Mark Henry was THE MAN.

Im loving the heel bryan persona now. Much prefer it to his ROH Heel run. He is a nerd who has got to the top and wont let go as said above. Only in america could you be a heel for driving a prius. I kind of hope they push the nerd stuff more as well and have him rather than appear one week in the run up to mania, send in a "strongly worded email" and talk about reviews on websites. Basically taking the piss out of us lot

• Paid Members

I would kind of like Bryan and Cole to bury the hatchet. Firstly, it would stop Cole from being so fucking annoying during his matches, secondly it would get Bryan a TON of heat and thirdly the idea of Cole all of a sudden talking about how great and inspiring Bryan is would be hilarious.

• Paid Members

They did the slow burn on Bryan's turn and they're doing the exact same with Cole coming around on him. Whoever's booking the title scene has realised that every so often, wrestling fans have patience.

And, uh, whoever's booking Natalya's stuff has grossly overestimated that patience.

I'm curious as to where they are going with the Cole/Bryan thing. Unusual for a heel wrestler to not have the backing of the heel commentator.

It's interesting and can kind of see the logic. Bryan is your "undeserving champion" heel, and when you have both heel and face commentators being negative about, it kind of enforces that.

The main event, and everything involving Bryan, AJ and Cole was great. The rest was just generic SmackDown.

I love the gimmick and think his promo work has been brilliant. It's just typical of WWE over the last couple of years to just run the same thing over and over until it means nothing. There's no wonder the belt means nowt when it's defended with the frequency of the old TV Title for a start.

It wasn't a title match.

• Paid Members

Bryan's rant about being a role model and his "I'm leaving in a Prius" line was some great WWE writing. It gave me a few good chuckles. His match with Orton was very good and is the feud I want to see most in WWE. They should have had Orton win the Rumble and built up a program with Bryan, they'd never have a bad match.

Speaking of the Rumble; Sheamus' 'Mania push is as bad as I thought it might be. It's a shame, as Sheamus is great. WWE don't have anything interesting for him to do, other than to wrestle/interact with the same midcarders he has been beating for months - meaning there is no momentum.

• Paid Members

The problem with Sheamus is that anyone anywhere near the main event is in a Chamber match, so they can't be jobbed out - meaning Sheamus can't get any meaningful big wins til after the PPV. They need to have him go on a proper tear when that's out the way. But they won't, he'll just have some squabbles with whichever champion, and it'll suck and nobody will care.

I'm slowly digging Bryan. I've always thought hes abit shit due to the massive way the smarks over-rate the guy. I preferred Henry with the title but still Bryan is a nice fresh touch to the title. I think they are in dire need of ending the thing with AJ. Who the fuck is she? Judging by her tron shes from NXT and will more than likely not be with the company for long.

Great Khali is diabolical. He's only back on telly due to the TNA India project. I bet the WWE are kicking themselves for not doing something like that hence why they've wacked Khali on telly.

Can someone fill me in with whats happening with the McIntyre storyline? I think they are missing out huge by not building him up. Get him a few wins after the Chamber and then with the MITB at Mania. Be the first to lose and it really would help the guy out.

Archived