HEW presents LIVING ON A PRAYER 8 - HEW's 8th Birthday

HEW returns to Harlow Stadium for it's 8th anniversary show LIVING ON A PRAYER 8 on Sunday March 25th with big names in the mix!

MAIN EVENT:

DEVILS PLAYBOYS STREETFIGHT FOR THE HEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP!

The Devils Playboys defending against Danny Blaze and FORMER ECW CHAMPION THE KING OF OLD SCHOOL STEVE CORINO!!!!!

More matches to be announced soon!

Special Pre-Booking Prices

New Match announced:

Sir Robin came to HEW in December last year looking to make an impact so much so he has demanded a match on HEW Living On A Prayer 8, his wish has been granted and on March 25th he will take on somebody making his HEW Debut however this man is no newcommer! World of Sport Legend DANNY BOY COLLINS!

• 2 weeks later...
Tag Team Mayhem! THE HOOLIGANS RETURN TO HEW!

They've reunited and looking to cause as much mayhem as possible in the UK and at HEW's 8Th Anniversary they are coming back once again. The Hooligans Roy and Zak Knight will take on The up and coming masked sensation tag team The Young Ones Alex Young and TJ Daniels.

Due to circumstances beyond anyone's control Hooligan Zak Knight will be undergoing surgery on the 23rd of March so will be unable to appear at Living On A Prayer 8. A replacement will be announced soon!

3 matches added to HEW Living On A Prayer 8 - March 25th - Harlow Stadium

due to Hooligan Zak Knight and Alex Young being unable to compete at this show the tag match has now been changed, in it's place will be a 3 WAY DANCE!

Zebra Kid vs. TJ Daniels vs. Emilio Excellente.

... ...

2 out of 3 falls match: Aron Frost returns to HEW to take on Harlow's Own The Wonderkid Jonny Storm.

For The HEW Womens Championship:

Champion Sweet Saraya will defend her title and take on USA and Shimmer Star Mercedes Martinez.

What time does the show start?

6.30pm doors, 7.30pm belltime.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tommorow Night! Venue Harlow Stadium HEW's Living On A Prayer 8 - featuring Steve Corino and Danny Blaze vs Brett Meadows and Sam Knee The Devils Playboys for the HEW Tag Team Championships in a Devils Playboys Streetfight, plus HEW Womens and new Shimmer world Champion Sweet Saraya, Zebra Kid, New WAW World Champion Danny Boy Collins and much much more, take advantage of the cheaper pre-book tickets still available call 08000468164 or 07790200490 to book be there it's gonna be wild!!!!!!!!!!

RESULTS:

1, Zebra Kid beat Brad Slayer, Emilio Excelente and TJ Daniels in a four way dance.

2, HEW Womens and Shimmer World Champion Sweet Saraya beat Priscilla.

3, Danny Boy Collins beat Sir Robin with Lady Lory in his corner.

4, Aron Frost and jonny Storm wrestled to a draw.

5, The Devils Playboys retained the HEW Tag Team Titles against Steve Corino and Danny Blaze in a Devils Playboys Streetfight when Sam Knee went to hit Danny Blaze with a guitar and Blaze pulled Corino in the way, angry with this Steve Corino grabbed the guitar and hit his own partner to a massive pop from the crowd, Brett Meadows then pinned Danny Blaze. After the match Corino challenged Danny Blaze to an ECW style hardcore match when he next visits HEW.

A big thanks to anyone who attended, worked and helped out with the show. HEW will return to Takeley on Saturday April 28th.

Much to my annoyance, I'd just written a review of this show only to click the wrong button and somehow end up with the UKFF deleting it. Gah. Right, take two... in brief.

This show was a perfect example of why HEW is often so much fun. It covered so many different styles, so there was likely something for everybody here.

The main event was a walkabout ECW style brawl (featuring a former ECW World Champion, so why not?). There were cane shots, baking tray shots, rubbish bins etc all used. Corino was thrown over the top of the bar at the venue, and Brett Meadows invited HEW's resident "Supergran" fan to come out and slap Danny Blaze's arse. At least I think that's what he wanted her to do. She actually ended up kicking him in the arse with the toe of her shoe. Yeesh. Speaking of Danny Blaze, he ended up taking two sick bumps - one from the top rope through a ringside table (which required him to twist his body in mid air to take the bump on his back - which was highly spectacular) and one seemingly inadvertant rubbish bin to the head whilst on another dive. The finish saw Blaze try to use Corino as a human shield against a guitar shot. Turned out Corino didn't like that and turned on him, hitting him with the guitar himself. Corino thanked Blaze for the airfare and payoff, but didn't like being disrespected. A fun way to end the show.

Jonny Storm vs Aron Frost was a 0-0 draw after 15 minutes of a 2/3 falls match. Sadly, the announcement of that amount of falls and that relatively short time limit made the match a bit of a foregone conclusion. (Note: I think this was the only match announced with a time limit... which telegraphs it a bit). So what we got was 15 minutes of good natured technical wrestling. A lot of fun, even though I'm pretty sure neither guy took any big bumps of note (or at all). Aron Frost remains one of Britain (well, Norway)'s most overlooked names. Take note, promoters.

Danny Boy Collins is a joy to watch. I hope everybody has had the chance to see him since his return, because he's so good at what he does. Very reminiscent of Finlay, for example. Sir Robin put in a couple of really good performances in at the weekend (here and at WAW), and he's very solid too. Lady Lory at ringside worked the referee Mal Mason really well too.

One week prior, I'd been sitting in the Eagles Club in Chicago, IL watching Saraya defeat Cheerleader Melissa for the SHIMMER title in the biggest match of her life. Seems weird that seven days later I see her in Harlow wrestling an Exotico named Priscilla. It's hardly a fair replacement for Mercedes Martinez, but frankly, I can't deny Saraya a chance to ease off the pedal a bit and get involved in some drag-related shenanigans with Priscilla after the week she's had. I've no idea how she was still standing let alone wrestling.

A desperate need to have food before the show meant I ended up arriving halfway through the opening four way, so it's not fair to comment on that one too much other than to say it's always fun to see Zebra Kid working heel (he seems to revel in it), and Emilio Excellente from Italy (who I'd never seen before the weekend) was entertaining. From what I did see, it was good stuff.

The best review of the show was from my non UKFF friend Stevie who commented that he'd never been to an HEW show and not been entertained... and you can see why. On this show in particular, a really nice mix of styles were on display... hardcore brawling (and a US import) in Match 5, technical wrestling in Match 4, a British legend in Match 3, comedy with a drag act and a woman in Match 2 and a more cutting edge pro-style in Match 1. I've said it before and I'll say it again, HEW aren't trying to reinvent the wheel or revolutionise anything - they're just putting on (usually) fine wrestling shows that leave you feeling you got your money's worth. Can't ask for much more than that. Here's to eight more.

Archived