BWP Fight Night - Wrexham - ADULTS ONLY 03/03/2012

Jacob Israel

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full results from BWP Liquid Fight Night (03/03/12)

*** BWP ROOKIE DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH ***

Craig Winters © Vs Tom Hayden

Winner: Craig Winters

*** 6 MAN LUCHA TAG MATCH ***

El Classico

El Cazador

Kid Karate

Vs

El Ganja

El Custardo

Red Saint

Winner: NO CONTEST

I have been keeping an eye on this thread awaiting feedback, and regardless of the poor turnout and restrictions put upon Britannia Wrestling Promotions by the venue itself, it is good to see/read that those who did attend appreciated the talent that were booked on the show, and that each and every member of the roster still busted their balls to ensure that those that did pay their good money were entertained non-the-less.

The venue requested that Britannia Wrestling Promotions start at 5.30pm to try and maximise their bar takings during hours that the club would normally be closed to the public. Such is also the case with the intervals, the venue requested that we have regular intervals (given the additional time the show should have been running for) - BWP took it upon ourselves to cut several of the proposed intervals throughout the night so not to take the p**s too much from those fans who were in attendance, which for accuracy purposes was 52 paying spectators by close of business that night.

Britannia Wrestling Promotions have been running shows in Wales and Cheshire for over 3 years, around 40 shows and 98% of them being successful. Indeed Steven Fludder is correct in stating that this was our 1st show in a nightclub environment as we usually cater for the family audience. However Britannia Wrestling Promotions certainly did not look to copy or replicate Preston City Wrestling or any of the many other nightclub based Promotions in the UK. We also did not think that anything was 'easy', with the vast experience that BWP has, we are fully aware of what goes into promoting shows of any genre and in any location, as with most shows (successful or not) location is one of the key factors - should Liquid Nightclub have been run in a different Town or City in the UK, perhaps it would have been more successful, this is something that we will now consider when moving forward. This is a very fickle business, and BWP felt that venturing into a new scene for us was a risk that needed to be taken, on this particular occasion we were let down by a couple of factors which resulted in a show that had a sub-standard atmosphere for Britannia Wrestling Promotions fans have become accustom to.

Britannia Wrestling Promotions have fought tooth and nail to establish a wrestling community and following in Wales over the past 3+ years, constantly improving, constantly growing in size and profile - Wales is sometimes overlooked in the National wrestling circles, so in order for our aim of putting Wales back on the Pro-Wrestling map, risks must, and will, be taken - we do not expect every risk and venture to be a success, but nor will they all fail.

Everything was set up for success last weekend with regards to the talent booked, the promotion of the show, etc - the venue promised that they get good turnouts at that time when they open the doors early, alas, was not to be - we take it on our chin and we move forward with greater knowledge and understanding of this genre of show and from that we will learn and improve.

Thank you to those who did attend last weekend - the action itself was second to none and would like to invite you back to one of our more regular venues to witness one of our more typical shows - I am confident that you will leave with a better picture of what Britannia Wrestling Promotions actually produce when less restrictions are put upon us by venue management. We are indeed looking into holding another nightclub show in another area of North Wales during the Easter Holidays, however this is subject to several conditions that must be met by the venue - BWP do not make the same mistakes twice.

Please feel free to follow us on Facebook or log onto our Official Website to check on the progress of the next BWP nightclub show(s), but for now we have our next show on Saturday 07 April 2012 at Ffrith Beach Arena, Prestatyn, North Wales - the card for this show will be announced in the coming days.

Regards,

Steve Saxon

Britannia Wrestling Promotions

Hey Buddy you dont have to explain its all a learning curve and we can all get bad houses, i have filled halls and had shit houses using the same advertising formula, promoting is a gamble, i have tried the over 18s market and imo it is tough especially if you have gained the rep as a family show. Chin up buddy and good luck in the future.

Rick Knight

WAW

Hey Buddy you dont have to explain its all a learning curve and we can all get bad houses, i have filled halls and had shit houses using the same advertising formula, promoting is a gamble, i have tried the over 18s market and imo it is tough especially if you have gained the rep as a family show. Chin up buddy and good luck in the future.

Rick Knight

WAW

Thanks Rick, much appreciated and very true. My explanation was to try and stop certain individuals from trying to bury BWP on here.

I think Rick is right, as an Established family show its going to be difficult doing Nightclub shows without a lot of Advertising, It was a shame because there really were some great names on the card.

I hope the next one goes better Steve and I will endevour to be there but I am a little worried about the late start time and how that will impact on people turning up.

I know you are not copying PCW but you really should pop up to their next show because they really do what they do well and you could get someone to hand out flyers outside for your own show?

Thanks Aron ... the next Britannia Wrestling Promotions show at Broadway Boulevard, Llandudno, is primarily aimed at the clubbing scene as opposed to wrestling marks - we are working alongside Broadway Boulevard to provide something a little unique for their regular and new clubbers ... Maundy Thursday 05 April is typically a great and busy night out in Llandudno - so we expect to not make the same mistakes (timing, etc) as we did at Liquid Fight Night.

Hope to see you there - and please, feel free to share the event for us on Facebook ;)

FACEBOOK EVENTS PAGE

Archived