"Revival" - 10 Year Anniversary

Big Benny HG

This show is the reason I got into wrestling, my first British wrestling show, my introduction to Alex Shane who impressed the fuck out of me and my first potential meeting of Greg Lambert (Neither of us can remember if we actually spoke to one another) who later gave me a break on commentary and is likely the reason I'm now a semi-professional broadcaster for a couple of different things.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope some of the posters here will check out the new issue of FSM, which features the first part of our Revival retrospective, focusing on the Talk Wrestling radio show. We've had a lot of great feedback to the piece, but I'll leave the self-praise at that. :)

The issue is available at WHSmiths and Easons in the UK and Ireland. Here's the cover:

25f2a14.jpg

This was my first live wrestling show.

Came all the way from Lancashire at 13 years old just to see Grandmaster Sexay, queued up for nearly an hour for a picture and autograph with him and then when I was 3rd in line, he stormed off. I wish I'd have picked to get a picture with Eddie instead :/

However, during a match I wandered off to find the toilets and in a little corridor I found Eddie Guerrero stretching. Way too shy to say anything i just smiled and he smiled back and said 'hey lil homes'. My smile turned to a Cheshire cat-like grin and I quickly walked off.

Also, I saw that Hulk Hogan outside too, I got a free copy of legends of wrestling off him.

Being only 13 and it being my first event and in London, it was all a bit much for me but even now I have several moments that have stuck in my memory:

Tommy Boyd attempting to run the ropes and taking a hilarious back bump.

Tommy interrupting the announcer during the draw for the tournament. "Alex Sh-" "EDDIE GUERRERO!"

Me cheering Guy Thunder not having a clue who he was or that he was a 'bad guy' just because he was the first guy out.

Alex Shane's balcony dive.

Ulf Hermann attacking a 'fan'.

And finally, the theme song. I don't even know what it is but I still have it in my head. "Blood, sweat and tears!"

Edited by BenPhoenix

• 7 years later...