UFC 144: 'Edgar vs Henderson' Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome Pettis Highlight Reel

Pettis is one of my favourite up and comers, I hope he beats Lauzon and puts himself into title contention.

4 hours of a main card maybe a bit much, but really we are spoilt these days so we cannot moan when they give us too much. Interesting after this event they wont be on PPV for 2 months and after the OZ card next week they are taking a 6 week or so break until the next FX Card in Sweden.

I hope Rampage smashes Bader tonight, I'm not even sure why I dislike Bader so much, but I really don't like him. I think it'll end with a Rampage KO in the second.

The main event is a really interesting fight, Edgar has better boxing but I think Henderson can control this fight on the ground and when it is on his feet he has a style that can give Edgar trouble. Also, if he gets Edgar in trouble the way Maynard did I can't see Henderson not finishing the fight. I'm going for Henderson by decision, I really hope he wins.

My other picks - Pettis, Kongo, Shields, Okami and Hioki. I can't see past the bookies favourites tonight, except for Henderson who's a slight underdog to beat Edgar. I hope I'm wrong with a few of them though, as I'll be supporting Hunt, Akiyama and Bart!

**SPOILERS FOLLOW**

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Great show which I actually watched live because I've looked forward to this show for ages. Edgar/Henderson delivered on it's promise and is now my Fight of the Year. I thought it was closer than what two other judges had it. Great comeback by Boetsch on Okami. Not sure if I prefered this or UFC 142.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

EDIT: No other feedback?

It was a belter of a show, I'd never have expected Boetsch to get the win, one hell of comeback. Only disappointment was the Rampage/Bader fight, I was half expecting the big beast of his Pride days, but apart from that one slam he looked out of it. Me and a mate were still giiggling like an idiot whenver Rogan said Mark Hunt's name. I also recognised the jap translators gonk she had on the end of her pen.

john_316_031.jpg

He does get everywhere dosn't he.

Loved Rampage's entrance music and his BODY SLAM. Shame Rampage lost but a fan of both Bader and Rampage, whats next for Rampage?

And a enziguri from Henderson. Henderson needs to do something on that takedown defence Frankie took him down 5 times in that fight but still what a fight.

It was a really respectable show it was a true example for Mixed Martial Arts

Whats really annoyed is considering Pettis for a title shot, Pettis could not cope with Guida wrestling and Henderson isnt the same person Pettis faced in the WEC Henderson could easily hold Pettis on the floor for 5 rounds, he is good but not #1 contender yet, there's Nate Diaz, Jim Miller, Gray Maynard even Clay Guida, Barboza. After what Frankie has done in the lightweight division a rematch at least Frankie deserves.

Off topic kind of but whats with Hendersons and Andersons jab its more from the elbow.

I enjoyed the show. Some good finishes, the Sheilds/Hioki matches were good, and the main event was very entertaining. Only downside was the Rampage fight, where he looked very average. The two main prelim matches were good, too.

I know others have talked about it before, but only recently have I started to be annoyed with Rogan's commentary. Maybe its because the last UFC show had Florian doing an excellent job, but I noticed it more than ever on this show. In one of the prelims, he must have mentioned one of the fighters 'freezing up' about 8 times in a single round. Really repetitive and annoying. Same thing, but to a lesser entent, with the Judo references in the Akiyama fight, and saying 'transitions' about 10 times in another fight.

Just finished watching the show

Overall a good show but not as great as some of the other shows recently. The main event was very good and there were some good finishes on the bottom of the main card.

Surprised to hear people asking for a Henderson vs Edgar rematch which i really don't see the point of as i believe both guys went in 100% and fully prepared then Henderson gave an impressive performance and i can't see another fight being very different. Although it seems Diaz or Miller should get the next title show i think Pettis would get the shot as the UFC like fighters with very few loses to try to avenge them once they have the title.

I can see Tiequan Zhang, Kid Yamamoto and Akiyama getting cut after their performances last night. Although Akiyama might do well in Strikeforce

Thank you God, for allowing me the opportunity to injure and maim another human being...

I haven't seen the show yet, I've been anticipating it for months, and Mum decides that this particular Sunday is a great one to fix up the backyard. :angry: I intended to avoid spoilers, but I forgot about Dana White on my FB (via Twitter), who chooses this event to be uber-active. So I caved and looked at the play by play on the Torch, the fact that it reads like one of the greatest UFCs ever is not sitting well with me. I'm eagerly awaiting the fights coming online though.

Thank you God, for allowing me the opportunity to injure and maim another human being...

I haven't seen the show yet, I've been anticipating it for months, and Mum decides that this particular Sunday is a great one to fix up the backyard. :angry: I intended to avoid spoilers, but I forgot about Dana White on my FB (via Twitter), who chooses this event to be uber-active. So I caved and looked at the play by play on the Torch, the fact that it reads like one of the greatest UFCs ever is not sitting well with me. I'm eagerly awaiting the fights coming online though.

I bet Benson has been playing The You Testament (pc game)

Archived