UFC 144: 'Edgar vs Henderson' Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
its unreal these days. When i first started watching MMA i'd get to see one PPV every 3 months, and i was lucky if they added 1 prelim to the main card. When i first got into there was obiviously certain UFC 45 when Pedro Rizzo/Ricco Rodriguez was on the prelims, i was f'n gutted! There was literally no way to watch the fight at the time other than to wait for the DVD which came out months later (the fight turned out to be a stinker too, haha).

How times have changed.

I started watching a bit after you. UFC 52 was my first one. I'd seen bits and pieces before but that was my first full show. My PC back then was so shit it wasn't worth trying to download, so I just had to avoid spoilers and wait the 24 hours for the Bravo showing the next night. A show full of 5 minute ad breaks for sex lines and anti constipation tablets (mid fight). And on top of that, you'd know when there's only 10 minutes left on Bravo and the 5 round main event hasn't started yet, that someone's getting KO'd quick. Kinda ruined it but it was all we had back then.

There were so few shows back then that I'd be eagerly anticipating a card headlined by Andrei Arlovski and Paul Buentello as if it was Chuck vs Wanderlei. That was an accepted PPV main event back then, a title fight for fuck's sake. People these days bitch when a fight like Leben vs Munoz main events on free TV.

Kids today, they don't know they're fucking born.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UFC 51 was my first show, it was shown on Bravo.

Mine as well. Really good show.

Edgar/Henderson is a hard fight to call, I wouldn't be surpised by either fighter winning. I'll go Edgar by decision in what should be a great fight. Jackson TKO's Bader in the second though I can see it going to a decision, Shields over Akiyama, Okami beats Boetsch, Hioki defeats Palaszewski and Pettis over Lauzon all by decision. Kongo TKO's Hunt in one.

• Paid Members

I'm quite enthused by some of the stuff Rampage Jackson has been saying in the press. He's saying he's back in 'Pride' mode, and he's there to entertain, not care so much about winning or losing. I've always found that's what harmed Jackson's game through the majority of his UFC career, he's basically a boxer that fights MMA now. I'd love to see him cut loose and get a little wild in there. It's ironic cause i think a boxing based strategy would probably lead to him beating Bader, but regardless i'd like to see him get in a bit of a dog-fight. Of course we aint gonna know if what hes saying is true till he gets in there but it's got me excited.

I'm picking Okami over Boetsch, i think they have similar skill sets but i just feel Okami has the edge everywhere. Looking forward to seeing who has the power advantage in there though, Okami is notoriously strong, whilst Boetsch has just looked like a f'n ox since coming down to 185, i think it'll be a long drawn out battle.

I think we'll see a vintage Jake Shields performance against Akiyama. Akiyama could be a beast at 170, but Shields has proven before that he can takedown and hold down pretty much anyone (except GSP), don't think it'll be a crowd pleaser but i think Shields takes it...now in an ideal world, i'd love to see Sexyama put a hammer on Shield's chin and KO for a KO of the night performance but i can't see it happening.

If Hioki performs like he did against George Roop, Palaszewski is gonna smash him, it was another in a long line of poor Japanese debuts. Palaszewski's on a role right now so im gonna pick him by TKO.

Can't wait to see Gomi/KID, arguably the two poorest runs of any Japanese fighter to enter the UFC, they both seem to have perfect opponents to actually showcase what they can do against. I'm hoping they both win, cause i wanna see em both stick around.

• Paid Members

Henderson via decision. I've picked Henderson from the start, i just feel he can match Edgar's pace and he's bigger and stronger. The only place i give Frankie the edge is with his boxing, but Henderson will pretty much nulify that by being the superior kickboxer, Benson won't try and have a straight boxing match with Frankie.

Benson by Unanimous Decision.

Very, very awesome 45 minute video of Rampage Jackson walking around Tokyo with Ariel Helwani - Rampage talks about pretty much everything in his career:

A Night In Tokyo With Rampage Jackson

As I say its a brilliant & unique interview, its nice to see Rampage so open and honest in this. Very cool of him to give away that much of his time especially when hes only a couple of days away from a fight. Must watch for Pride fans.

I'm guessing the weigh in time is the usual UK time seen as that the actual show takes place the same time over here?

No, it's much later, 4.00am our time I believe.

Cheers. I rarely watch them but assumed they took place the usual time because the show does over here at the regular time.

I wonder how Henderson is finding the weight cut as he's abroad and usually has to strip to make weight.

EDIT: The poll shows how tough Edgar/Henderson is to call, 10 people picking Edgar by decision and 10 picking Henderson by decision.

I'm guessing the weigh in time is the usual UK time seen as that the actual show takes place the same time over here?

Cheers. I rarely watch them but assumed they took place the usual time because the show does over here at the regular time.

I wonder how Henderson is finding the weight cut as he's abroad and usually has to strip to make weight.

EDIT: The poll shows how tough Edgar/Henderson is to call, 10 people picking Edgar by decision and 10 picking Henderson by decision.

Also due to the late weigh in the fighters will have around 6 less hours to rehydrate, so this could cause problems for some of them.

Also due to the late weigh in the fighters will have around 6 less hours to rehydrate, so this could cause problems for some of them.

Aye, Jake Shields could be another. Frankie Edgar should be fine as he drops little weight.

Archived