Ideas You Never Want To See In Wrestling Again

ThePhenom

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The idea of Jack Swagger

Well said there. He is just dull as fuck. When he won the US title a few weeks ago the crowd didn't give a fuck. If it wasn't for Vickie Guerrero he'd probably be floating about on Superstars. It was a huge mistake putting the title on him, it was doomed from the moments where he couldn't unhook the fucking briefcase at Mania 26.

I agree with Jack Swagger as well, he is the pits, but at least he isn't in the main event scene anymore. Making him the World's Champion was one of the biggest mistakes the WWE has made in the last 5 years I'd say, I actually had to quit watching Smackdown during some of that period as it was so dull. It didn't get better for a while either, as after that we had another Rey Mysterio reign, then Kane's reign which included two shite feuds with Edge & The Undertaker. We also had that horrendous commenatry team of Todd Grisham & Matt Striker, I'd take the messy and crazy voices of now over the dullness of then anyday. Compare not only the World title picture but Smackdown as a whole from 2010 (February onwards anyway) to the current situation, then Smackdown really is good at the moment. I never want to see it sink to those levels ever again.

I agree with Jack Swagger as well, he is the pits, but at least he isn't in the main event scene anymore. Making him the World's Champion was one of the biggest mistakes the WWE has made in the last 5 years I'd say, I actually had to quit watching Smackdown during some of that period as it was so dull. It didn't get better for a while either, as after that we had another Rey Mysterio reign, then Kane's reign which included two shite feuds with Edge & The Undertaker. We also had that horrendous commenatry team of Todd Grisham & Matt Striker, I'd take the messy and crazy voices of now over the dullness of then anyday. Compare not only the World title picture but Smackdown as a whole from 2010 (February onwards anyway) to the current situation, then Smackdown really is good at the moment. I never want to see it sink to those levels ever again.

I really don't think Smackdown was bad enough on the whole to quit watching it during that time. Sure, Swagger wasn't a great champion, but I wouldn't quit watching a show just because I didn't like one champion.

I really don't think Smackdown was bad enough on the whole to quit watching it during that time. Sure, Swagger wasn't a great champion, but I wouldn't quit watching a show just because I didn't like one champion.

Well, I really wasn't enjoying the show. I think that's good enough a reason not to watch a TV show anymore.

Following up on the Swagger thing, I never want to see a title win used as a substitute for a proper push again. The idea of plucking some random from the midcard, having them win MITB and then chucking the belt on them out of nowhere probably seemed like fun when they did it with CM Punk the first time. In the medium term though, it never pays off - all giving the belt to Punk (circa 2008), Swagger and Sheamus did was devalue the world titles and, perversely, derail each man's progress: once they'd all had pointless flop title reigns, it took more time and effort to rebuild them to a decent level than if you'd just had them plowing through other midcarders for another 6 months or so en route to a proper headline run.

Archived