Ideas You Never Want To See In Wrestling Again

ThePhenom

• Paid Members
I liked those, I thought they were good fun, I'd happily see one again some where down the line

I didn't think it made much sense, and the way that they gave the winner of a certain pin fall the "current champion" graphic but then end up not being ever counted as a champion annoys me.

It makes more sense than a lot of wrestling. They were good fun and had potential to be something simple and fresh I thought. I'm glad they haven't been over done but are in the back pocket should they want to pull them out. The "current champion" is just making it clear who would be champ if the match ended is all.

Its just like the hardcore time limit deals they did 2 or 3 times in 2000.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The "current champion" is just making it clear who would be champ if the match ended is all.

Not exactly, in that aspect. In the Hardcore invitational at WM2000, every time someone got a fall, a new official title reign started.

In the Championship Scramble, Brian Kendrick, for example, was recognised as the "current champion", but certainly doesn't appear on the WWE Title history list anywhere. WWE skewed it a bit, however, by having HHH walk in with the belt and out with the belt, but claiming he'd added another occasion to his list of title wins, just for shits and giggles.

• Paid Members
The "current champion" is just making it clear who would be champ if the match ended is all.

Not exactly, in that aspect. In the Hardcore invitational at WM2000, every time someone got a fall, a new official title reign started.

In the Championship Scramble, Brian Kendrick, for example, was recognised as the "current champion", but certainly doesn't appear on the WWE Title history list anywhere. WWE skewed it a bit, however, by having HHH walk in with the belt and out with the belt, but claiming he'd added another occasion to his list of title wins, just for shits and giggles.

Replace a just like with a bit like. There were some differences on the rules on who could pin who too I believe. I brought those up as a point of discussion to see if he disliked those too. I just did it very badly because I'm really shit.

The scrambles were fun and having an issue with the match based on a graphic seems odd to me.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the Scrambles. Even if it was just because they were something a bit different. The Smackdown one served its purpose well by furthering the "can Jeff Hardy come any closer?" angle.

I wouldn't mind seeing a return. You're pretty much guaranteed drama in the closing moments of the match. Three in one night was probably overkill, though.

• Paid Members
That dome shaped cage that TNA have used a few times (last I think was that famous January 4th Impact with Hogan / Nasties / loads of other dinosaurs debuts). That was just horrible.

I think the fact that it took Homicide ages to get out of the top has put paid to that.

That was sort of worth it for

First time I have seen that. Absolute comedy gold.

Same here, that is fucking amazing. Genuinely laughed out loud watching that.

• Paid Members

Incest

Rape

Necrophilia

Mentally challenged nephews

Cancer-stricken relatives *

Playing the race card

Eddy Guerrero style tribute World title pushes

* Only because the wonder and joy of Bossman's poem/hijacking the funeral of Paul Wight Sr was such a perfect slice of Sports Entertainment, I'd rather it not be sullied by an inferior retread.

• Paid Members

The "current champion" bit in the Scramble was just pointlessly confusing, particularly as you didn't have to pin the "current champion" to become the new "current champion." They could have saved a lot of hassle by just explaining it as "last pin wins."

• Paid Members

Kane storylines like the current one. I'm sick of him playing a menacing retarded cartoon character, I wish they'd book him like they did with Undertaker when he came back in '04 - an iconic special attraction that never speaks but fucks shit up in the ring and then leaves.

Gimmick PPVs. I fucking hate them as they have destroyed gimmick matches especially Hell In A Cell which they need to get rid of soon as. It just makes the entire year pretty predicatable. If I had my way I would turn all the secondary PPVs back to In Your House again

I agree with this to a strong degree, I think the Hell In A Cell match needs a rest after the three years of PPV overkill. The 2009 and 2010 TLC's (Haven't seen the latest yet, waiting for the BD release) were filled with some great matches, but they along with all the other Extreme Rules gimmick matches are better served randomly on all different shows. The only new Gimmick PPV I would keep would be Elimination Chamber as it's a great event name, and it's used as a fun obstacle in between the Rumble and Wrestlemania. They've took a step in the right direction by reducing the schedule to only 12 PPVs a year, hopefully they will soon follow with In Your House type names for the events.

Beat the Clock Challenges: I used to hate these because they would have 4/5 guys and you knew they were all going to win because they put them against absolute jobbers. They'd also never acknowledge what COULD happen if the non-entrant won.

Royal Rumble Qualification Matches: Both just to be in the Rumble and to be number 30. Why would you have qualification matches for 10 of the spots, then just throw the other 20 in anyway? Why do only some people have to qualify and not others? What decides who gets to be in the number 30 match etc etc? In some cases, losing the match doesn't even mean you don't get into the Rumble!

But my biggest pet peeve is multiple gimmicks on one show - 3 Hell in the Cell matches? 2 Elimination Chambers? Multiple TLC matches and variants thereof? Talk about making it less special. See, I don't necessarily have a problem with a Gimmick PPV, as long as that's for the Main Event. Elimination Chamber is a good one because it shows that you need some serious balls right before Wrestlemania. But it's kind of ruined by having another one the very same night. Now, of course, I'd prefer it if they did away with Gimmick PPVs entirely and only used these match types when a feud ALREADY CALLS FOR IT. They should really protect things like Elimination Chamber and Hell in the Cell, to preserve their brutality. Not just that, but there's only so many things you can do with a match type, and by having multiple of them on one shows you paint your wrestlers into a corner - if they do a breaking pod on the Smackdown chamber, they're basically nixed the Raw guys doing it, or else we end up with two very similar matches.

Archived