Ideas You Never Want To See In Wrestling Again

ThePhenom

So I thought this would be a good topic of discussion for people to come up with things that they never want to see in wrestling again. Whether it's a match type or combination, a promo style, or an angle. Please share!

Montreal Influenced Screwjobs.

It must be one of the most repeated formulas in wrestling. Since the original happened, the wrestling world has seen it redone as an actual storyline too many times. Less than a month after the real thing, WCW used a variation of it at Starrcade '97. WWE have done it numerous times themselves, Survivor Series '98 with Mankind & The Rock (They only time it should have been done), a Saturday Night's Main Event in 2006 with Shawn Michaels & Shane McMahon, Undertaker & CM Punk at Breaking Point 2009 and even TNA used the idea with Jeff Jarrett to win the King Of The Mountain in 2006. It has also been brought up SO many damn times, even up to last week at the 2012 Royal Rumble the WWE were still hinting at rehashing it with CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler and John Laraunitus. It's bad enough that you know whenever either Vince McMahon, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels or Earl Hebner are around, they are going to use it again every couple of years. But now they are even doing it with different people (but in the same roles)... Enough!

Evil Boss Vs. Rebellious Hero

OK, so the original Stone Cold Vs Vince McMahon feud was a huge reason for a new boom period, which saved the WWF in terms of business, and it is great TV to watch and will be rightly respected and praised by generations of wrestling fans to come. I myself love the old footage, I love that time period of wrestling in general. But no more remakes! When the WWF ran out of creative ideas for the Stone Cold character in 2002, they turned to Ric Flair and re did the whole early part of the late '97/early '98 story line minus Mike Tyson and the WWF Championship. It didn't work. Austin left in the middle of the feud. After the incredible success of Wrestlemania 23 (One of my personal favourites actually), and after Donald Trump and all the publicity had left, WWE re-did the whole idea again by putting Bobby Lashley on his own to rebel and feud with Vince McMahon. It did nothing for Lashley, he was gone from McMahon land for good about a month after that horrendous post Wrestlemania feud ended.

The current CM Punk & Mr. John L. feud today had not only hinted at rehashing the screwjob, but it's actually structured even closer to the original Austin/Vince feud than the first to sequels. Young guy who talks his mind, dresses how he wants, acts how he wants who wants to rebel against authority. This third sequel is easily the best of the three (Perhaps because of John), but Punk is so damn unlikable. Where as Austin become the star of the show and they feud kicked into high gear, the ratings and popularity for the product went through the roof, Punk becomes the star of the show and the ratings are lower than they were before Austin turned it around 14 years ago. Something new please.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
That dome shaped cage that TNA have used a few times (last I think was that famous January 4th Impact with Hogan / Nasties / loads of other dinosaurs debuts). That was just horrible.

I think the fact that it took Homicide ages to get out of the top has put paid to that.

• Paid Members
That dome shaped cage that TNA have used a few times (last I think was that famous January 4th Impact with Hogan / Nasties / loads of other dinosaurs debuts). That was just horrible.

I think the fact that it took Homicide ages to get out of the top has put paid to that.

That was sort of worth it for

That was sort of worth it for

First time I have seen that. Absolute comedy gold.

Agreed, that's a good shout. Another two match types that I have no desire to ever see replicated again is TNA's King Of The Mountain matches that they used to do, and the Championship Scramble match that WWE did at Unforgiven in 2008.

• Paid Members
match types that I have no desire to ever see replicated again is .............. the Championship Scramble match that WWE did at Unforgiven in 2008.

I liked those, I thought they were good fun, I'd happily see one again some where down the line

I liked those, I thought they were good fun, I'd happily see one again some where down the line

I didn't think it made much sense, and the way that they gave the winner of a certain pin fall the "current champion" graphic but then end up not being ever counted as a champion annoys me.

Archived