EBW Presents Elite Rising

thepigmanandyhogg

And clearly with someone as Cain as a surname, you surely are a brother murderer, a crop farmer, and a restless wanderer.

You know what? Clearly I was in a pissy mood last night so took a petty swipe.

I cannot fault you for your promotions name. It's all in the grand standing and attempt to promote your promotion.

Eventhough I would scoff at the notion of some wrestlers ever being considered Elite, seen as I've never heard of the vast majority of them and they only seem to work for this promotion, you clearly have a great exclusivity contract with a lot of your roster as they don't seem to take work elsewhere....

I can't be bitter at the fact that seemingly the only promotions in the South Yorkshire region are run by the same few people. I can only hope that your promotion draws good crowds, doesn't scare the crowd away from future BritWres shows, and hopefully shows to others that there can be a wrestling scene in South Yorkshire again with so many of the other promotions that I attended in this region folding down leaving Yorkshire pretty barren wrestling wise right now.

You know what? Clearly I was in a pissy mood last night so took a petty swipe.

Yes you did, but thanks for admitting as much.

The Elite name comes from the fact that many of us were founding members of ELITE PRO WRESTLING (later ELITE WRESTLING ACADEMY) which had a school and promotion from the Summer of 2000 until November 2007 in the Sheffield area. Many top names on the UK scene right now had their initial training and matches under the "Elite" banner such as El Ligero and Kris Travis.

Admittedly many of us (probably only Andy Hogg aside) have only really wrestled in Yorkshire for whatever reasons (mine personally, that I don't want to pursue wrestling as a career, rather something that I am passionate about and want to do for enjoyment, which incidentally is no reflection on the effort and time I have put in to my wrestling) they may have. Sometimes, the level of exposure one receives is a matter of choice and not a matter of actually earning and deserving.

Our promotion is based around the EPW/EWA core, along with products and affiliates of our school, trying to recreate what was a very positive environment in Sheffield for pro wrestling. The show we put on Saturday was good in quality, left the fans (a good draw with the date change, approximately 120) thoroughly entertained was by no means an insult to the wrestling industry in the UK.

We would welcome you down to have a look anytime, because we are proud of what we've achieved and believe it would leave you with a positive frame of mind about NCWA and EBW.

ps I know and have worked with people working for Future Shock and I have nothing but respect for them and what they have achieved in Britwres.

Archived