wwf on uk television

:::Saturn:::

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out when I started watching wrestling. I though maybe, some of you could help me.

From what I remember, wwf was shown on friday nights (9pm-ish) on either sky one or maybe eurosport around late 80's/start 90's. Am completely off there? or is the there som etruth to that.

One of my earliest memories of wrestling was Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan fighting in the medical room over Miss Elizabeth. Not sure what channel it was on at the time but I think it may have been Eurosport. I also remember watching a WCW show on ITV.... it was on pretty late and the storyline was Cactus Jack losing his memory or something.

• Paid Members

I vaguely remember watching Jake Roberts chase Andre the Giant with a snake, which must've been 1988 which means I was 5. That was either ITV or a video our neighbours taped from Sky.

I swear in those days on MTV late at night they'd show some half-smutty European music videos. Unless I dreamt it.

I vaguely remember watching Jake Roberts chase Andre the Giant with a snake, which must've been 1988 which means I was 5. That was either ITV or a video our neighbours taped from Sky.

I swear in those days on MTV late at night they'd show some half-smutty European music videos. Unless I dreamt it.

It was Lifestyle with the video. 12/13 years old it was so bad back then then turning to Sat1 or RTL for late night German smut. The kids today would never understand.

• Paid Members
RTL! Yes! Smut galore late night. However Rai Uno wins for their half nude game show Tutti Frutti.

Actually there was also a german/RTL verson of that. It was aired late friday nights in the early 90s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJfGIRrWDQY

Maybe it was on RTL then, makes sense, for some reason I thought the show was Italian. It was a tremendous show nonetheless.

Archived