Running Shoes

ajmcstyles

Just try them on, though do you want them solely for running or doing other exercise in. Otherwise you're better off getting cross trainers, especially if you're doing cross country and the like.

I guess cross trainers then since ill be running and then i can use them for the gym and such

Whilst were on the subject, does anybody know much about these:

vibram_fivefingers_shoes.jpg

Everyone in my gym (well the ones in shape anyway) seem to be wearing them and swear that they are perfect for running and you get better results from them. Something to do with your actual foot doing the running and balancing rather than the shoe and helps develop muscles in your abs and back? Obviously they look shit, but are professionals actually recommending these?

If you are keen on running try and have the way you run analysed on a treadmill. The way you run (whether you land on the outside, twist your knee etc.) can partly determine which shoes suits you and which could minimise injury etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADIDAS-ADIZERO-A...=item72188a8711

I've got a pair of Adidas Adios. They aren't amazingly cushioned (if you don't strike too hard on your heel then perhaps can sacrifice some cushion) but are so, so light and provide so much spring on the forefoot. When I put these on compared to my old, heavier shoe I was genuinely surprised how quicker I ran.

It depends on how far you are planning on running but these are technically a marathon shoe (worn by Haile himself) so for us mere mortals should be ok for 10k-half marathon distance.

VanDammer- I think there is a bit of a trend in running for replicating barefoot, 'natural' running where you land on the ball of your foot rather than your heel (placing strain on your calves rather than just jarring your knees) so the Vibrams help that as they have no heel as such for you to instinctively land on. Obviously the lighter your shoe the less you have to carry around so logically this should make you quicker but realistically you can't run too far in those as with no support I imagine your feet would be fucked after a while.

Archived