Gauging opinion

ThisIsProgress

• Paid Members

It completely and utterly depends what's on it. For it to sell at all there'd need to be a point to all the stuff being collected - IE storylines running through it, or a theme among it all. Just 25 hours of well-produced British wrestling is probably gonna be difficult to shift.

It completely and utterly depends what's on it. For it to sell at all there'd need to be a point to all the stuff being collected - IE storylines running through it, or a theme among it all. Just 25 hours of well-produced British wrestling is probably gonna be difficult to shift.

agreed. it's not a compilation i'm thinking of, it would definitely have stories, programs, etc running right through it.

Terms like 'high production values' and 'top quality wrestling' are subjective terms and wildly differ from promotion to promotion. Obviously, the 'top quality wrestling' bit is largely dependent on the wrestlers you book and the performances can they offer, but, when you say 'high production values', what do you actually mean by that? I consider WWE to have 'high production values' but, presumably, most British promotions will not be producing events of that calibre so you need to specify what those production values are before I would consider paying for anything.

Terms like 'high production values' and 'top quality wrestling' are subjective terms and wildly differ from promotion to promotion. Obviously, the 'top quality wrestling' bit is largely dependent on the wrestlers you book and the performances can they offer, but, when you say 'high production values', what do you actually mean by that? I consider WWE to have 'high production values' but, presumably, most British promotions will not be producing events of that calibre so you need to specify what those production values are before I would consider paying for anything.

fair point.

i would say at this stage, at least ROH tv/ppv quality and probably somewhere between ROH and TNA production levels.

Speaking from experience I have found wrestling dvds are a niche market within a niche market, if this isn't a costly venture that's fine but consider time and costs to produce this including filming, editing, production, etc. Most people don't like wrestling, from those who do most of them don't won't buy dvds, from those who will most will only pay a little for them and so on and so forth. Feel free to email me to discuss further as I have some experience in this area

Admin(at)newrestling(dot)co(dot)uk

Archived