WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 2/3/2012

ThePhenom

I just watched it, and the Bryan/Show promo was indeed wonderful. When Bryan was walking back up the ramp with AJ, I had to laugh out loud at those little

knob head- ish chicken shit smiles he was giving him. He's a great champion, and I'm loving it. The Orton/Barrett match was good as well, but I thought that Sheamus and

Cody Rhodes stole the show as far as matches went. I hope they don't start overlooking the Intercontinental Title now though, just a thought. They can fuck off with Fat Divas farting gimmicks though, Santino's over the top and embarrassing crap took the levels of annoyance to extremes as well. They've assigned AJ, Eve & Rosa all perfect roles in the past month or so, and that's what the women should all be there for (the fit ones anyway). I've been given a reason to care about all three of them on a weekly basis, the first time since Trish & Lita were around I think. It's amazing that the levels of emotion that I feel in a show can change so quickly though, they go from three brilliant segments that I thoroughly enjoyed and would be proud to show anyone, to a 15 second "comedy" segment that I would be embarrassed to show to a 3 year old.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They can fuck off with Fat Divas farting gimmicks though, Santino's over the top and embarrassing crap took the levels of annoyance to extremes as well. They've assigned AJ, Eve & Rosa all perfect roles in the past month or so, and that's what the women should all be there for (the fit ones anyway). I've been given a reason to care about all three of them on a weekly basis, the first time since Trish & Lita were around I think. It's amazing that the levels of emotion that I feel in a show can change so quickly though, they go from three brilliant segments that I thoroughly enjoyed and would be proud to show anyone, to a 15 second "comedy" segment that I would be embarrassed to show to a 3 year old.

I'd also be embarassed to show the 3 year old your 'laddish' post about the 'fit ones' to be honest.

• Paid Members
I'd also be embarassed to show the 3 year old your 'laddish' post about the 'fit ones' to be honest.

I know what he meant, as in the ones that have some value for hotness or charisma or the ability to perform a certain role believably - wrestlers' girlfriend, valet etc - as opposed to being the perceived SUPER WORKAH!1 category like Beth, Nattie or Kharma.

Some might disagree with such a stark division, as I know plenty of lads that consider Beth worth a Donald, as it were. Similarly there are one or two that would accuse the lovely Eve of being a passable wrestler. They're wrong, of course.

• Paid Members

To those moaning about no Elimination Chamber qualifiers, it seemed quite clear to me that the participants were selected based on their past few months performances and their showings in the Rumble. Which I think is a nice touch and a logical move with the cards positioning now between Rumble and Mania.

I'm disappointed Menrys out, agree with Ricks comments there. The Smackdown chamber looked mighty with Menry in there. I was also a but gutted his suspension angle didn't result in T-Long getting slammed, giving greater reason to take him off tv and out the match and go out with a bang. And for Tedders to get slammed of course. Menry still managed to retain some badassery regardless.

I have to admit I'm another one kind of disappointed in the way the vegan thing was used for heel heat. At the very least if they're going to do it, they should keep the animal rights aspect out of the equation. Encouraging a crowd to boo someone pleading for the lives of animals felt uncomfortable to me. I mean, people compare it to the Punk straight edge thing, but I think it'd be like if Punk came out every week and said "I don't drink because my family were all killed by a drunk driver" or something rather than "I don't drink because I don't need a crutch". To me it introduces a level of darkness and realness that transcends basic heel/face dynamics. Booing him has been really fun recently, but this stuff made me want to take R-Truth's advice and boo myself instead, perpetuator of animal murder that I am. Grim.

That aside, still loving Daniel Bryan completely, of course.

So the Funkasaurus' segment was cut from Smackdown, but can't say I am surprised, as the gimmick got stale fast.

What a waste!

Come to think of it, I forgot all about that. Perhaps they have something bigger planned for Drew McIntyre next week on Smackdown, to prove himself? Or not.

I have to admit I'm another one kind of disappointed in the way the vegan thing was used for heel heat. At the very least if they're going to do it, they should keep the animal rights aspect out of the equation. Encouraging a crowd to boo someone pleading for the lives of animals felt uncomfortable to me. I mean, people compare it to the Punk straight edge thing, but I think it'd be like if Punk came out every week and said "I don't drink because my family were all killed by a drunk driver" or something rather than "I don't drink because I don't need a crutch". To me it introduces a level of darkness and realness that transcends basic heel/face dynamics. Booing him has been really fun recently, but this stuff made me want to take R-Truth's advice and boo myself instead, perpetuator of animal murder that I am. Grim.

That aside, still loving Daniel Bryan completely, of course.

I dont think the idea is to boo the idea of not eating meat. I think the idea is to boo Bryan because he's telling you what not to do. Nobody likes being told what to do.

It's also to boo the "cows are people too, let them run free" spastics. Like Morrissey. Given WWE's trend over the last six months of counter-productive SHOOT COMMENTS~, at some point someone will probably correct Bryan anyway and point out he's not a vegan for moral reasons, he just had to stop eating meat because his weedy little system couldn't hack it.

• Paid Members
Daniel Bryan being the World Champion is a good thing but the way he is being portrayed is not.

Daniel Bryan’s character should be portrayed as a person that you do not mess with, a guy who can backup what he says in the ring.

Not to be portrayed as some goof ball who happened to get lucky and win the title on a fluke.

Oh aye, nothing screams 'money' in wrestling more than a cruiserweight heel beating up people who are taller and double his weight.

Did you miss the past few weeks of Raw, where he battered Kofi Kingston and had a hard hitting and competitive bout with the WWE champion?

Archived