WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 2/3/2012

ThePhenom

Here are the spoilers for this week's Smackdown:

* Teddy Long comes out and announces World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Mark Henry, Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes and Big Show for the Elimination Chamber match.

* Mark Henry came out and isn’t happy about getting his shot in the Chamber. Henry wants his World Title shot tonight. Teddy removes Henry from the Chamber match and ends up suspending him indefinitely. Henry gets pissed off but Sheamus lays him out with a Brogue Kick. Sheamus says he’s not sure which title he will go for at WrestleMania 28 and is interrupted by Cody Rhodes. Cody vs. Sheamus is announced.

* Sheamus defeated Cody Rhodes.

* Hunico vs. Justin Gabriel never happens as Cody Rhodes jumps Gabriel on his way to the ring. Camacho and Hunico join in on the beatdown until The Great Khali makes the save.

* Backstage segment with Drew McIntyre begging Teddy Long to keep him on SmackDown. Santino Marella comes in and has a new tag team partner – Hacksaw Jim Duggan. You can imagine how this segment went. Their name is “Santinooooooo.” Aksana came in for more comedy.

* Primo and Epico beat Santino Marella and Hacksaw Jim Duggan in a non-title match after some distractions from Rosa Mendes.

* Daniel Bryan came to the ring to cut a heel promo about being a role model and a vegan. Big Show comes out and says he just got finished eating a steak. They talk and Show chokeslams him. Show tried to continue the assault but AJ Lee came out and stopped him.

* Brodus Clay squashed Heath Slater. After the match, Drew McIntyre came out and attacked Clay. Clay ran through McIntyre and danced to celebrate.

* Beth Phoenix and Natalya beat Aksana and Tamina.

* The Great Khali is announced as Mark Henry’s replacement in the Elimination Chamber.

* Josh Matthews interviews Randy Orton backstage.

* Randy Orton defeated Wade Barrett in what was called a good match that saw lots of action on the outside. They brought a table and chairs into play. Orton won with the RKO. After the match, Daniel Bryan came out and celebrated whatever he was celebrating. Teddy Long announced Bryan vs. Orton for next week.

I think this looks like a great show, lets hope that Mark Henry is better for Wrestlemania. I also hope that the Orton/Barrett feud is ended now with that last match as well, I don't like Barrett as I find him boring for the most part. So if it is the end of it, it can only be a positive thing for Orton. But one good last match between the two sounds alright. Sheamus and Rhodes should be good, they made the right decision having Rhodes beat down Gabriel as it still makes him look tough. But Khali's in the Chamber? I hope Christian's back soon, I would love to see him take his place and send him away from my TV for good.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Great Khali........fuck saaaaaaaake. Really hoped his Rumble appearance was a one night thing, Jinder Mahal must be flopping like fuck in India.

I might be one of the few but i like Khali. He is limited which is obvious but in a match like the Rumble or Elimination Chamber he wont need to do much anyway other than hit and slam people and throwing people about. Eventually getting ganged up on and beaten

• Paid Members

The big flaw with The Great Khali is that despite the fact he is massive and looks terrifying...he's obviously so broken down, slow and completely limited that I don't buy him as a genuine physical threat. His legs look skinny as fuck and they woble when he walks because his knees are so clearly fucked. I'm pretty sure I could beat up the Great Khali and I'm a pussy. I'd just kick him in the legs as hard as I could and I'm certain he'd fall over pretty sharpish. He looks so feeble I actually feel sorry for him when the heels beat him up.

• Paid Members

Read the first para and thought the SD chamber looked more star studded than Raw. Take out Henry and insert Khali and it takes on a whole different complexion. He's abysmal. Actually, he used to be abysmal. Now he's slower and can't bump as well!

• Paid Members
Santino will be having different partners every week to challenge the champ's it looks like

i quite liked his team with yoshi last week

I don't understand why most people don't like Santino, I still think he's hilarious and when he's in a match that's more than a squash he can actually wrestle. Wouldn't mind if he actually won the tag titles with someone.

EDIT: and his hip tosses are superb.

• Paid Members

Wow. The Rumble really underscored the lack of star power WWE has right now, but even that pales in comparison to how it feels that in previous years, the upper midcard was strong enough for them to hold Elimination Chamber qualifiers (some of which were competitive), now the challengers are merely "named." And one of them is Kofi Kingston.

I don't like Barrett as I find him boring for the most part.

Oh dear. You badly need a reason to root for the Barratt Barrage. I'd suggest following him on Twitter, which is not only a treat for the funny bone, but reaffirms ones faith in all things Blighty.

Santino will be having different partners every week to challenge the champ's it looks like

i quite liked his team with yoshi last week

I don't understand why most people don't like Santino, I still think he's hilarious and when he's in a match that's more than a squash he can actually wrestle. Wouldn't mind if he actually won the tag titles with someone.

EDIT: and his hip tosses are superb.

Santino as a heel was better.

Wow. The Rumble really underscored the lack of star power WWE has right now, but even that pales in comparison to how it feels that in previous years, the upper midcard was strong enough for them to hold Elimination Chamber qualifiers (some of which were competitive), now the challengers are merely "named." And one of them is Kofi Kingston.

Oh dear. You badly need a reason to root for the Barratt Barrage. I'd suggest following him on Twitter, which is not only a treat for the funny bone, but reaffirms ones faith in all things Blighty.

Kofi has been in a Chamber match before. Chris Masters and Carlito were in an Elimination Chamber at the height of their own bad runs while they were boring the shit out of crowds and looked out of depth. I'm pretty sure they had Mike Knox in one too.

I do sorta know what you mean though but lets not dig at Kofi Kingston, the man does a fine handstand.

• Paid Members
Chris Masters and Carlito were in an Elimination Chamber at the height of their own bad runs while they were boring the shit out of crowds and looked out of depth.

Harsh. They pretty much tore through the rest of the field until dissension ruined their chances and Cena cheated Carlito out of his moment. On paper having those pair left with John Boy instead of Kurt or HBK sounds preposterous, but the way they double-teamed and ousted everyone else seemed to make the live crowd think Cena was in a spot of jeopardy, even if the rest of us knew better.

I do sorta know what you mean though but lets not dig at Kofi Kingston, the man does a fine handstand.

As mediocre as Kofi is/isn't, at least previous Chambers he got into, he had to qualify. That was what I was getting at. Personally it's hard to some up just how much I hate him. His Boomdrop bollocks and a lot of the rest of the stuff he does just manage to wind me up, and as skinny as he is, I dont think he could beat anyone up. There's probably no-one I like seeing getting the crap kicked out of him more.

Give Zack a break, set Kane on Double K pronto. Trouble in paradise indeed.

• Moderators

He's shit and he has hair like Gary Sparrow. His music is toss as well.

Archived