NJPW Sold

Flash

The Wrestling Observer reports that Bushinroad Group Publishing, a popular card game company, has purchased 100 percent of the stock of New Japan Pro Wrestling from previous owners Yukes, a video game company in a transaction that was announced earlier today.

Is this a big move? I'm not being sarcastic here, I've very limited knowledge of Japan's wrestling scene but I would be interested to know whether this will make much of an impact on the company and the Japanese wrestling scene as a whole. I'm sure I read somewhere (Power Slam, perhaps) that NJPW's business has been in decline over the past few years.

The main difference is that Bushiroad is a smaller company that Yukes. Yukes do video games while Bushiroad do anime/card games.

Bushiroad already sponsered NJPW's G1 Climax tour last year, so now with them being owners that eliminates one third party paying money to sponser NJPW.

Japanese wrestling and fighting sports such as Sumo and MMA are on the decline on the whole right now, and the after effects of the tsunami/earthquake also left NJPW in a bad position from what I just read.

Several wrestlers such as Yuji Nagata were unaware of any backstage moves until the announcement was made public.

Least it's better news than what we heard about NOAH recently....

I'm just gonna C&P what Puroresu Spirit wrote lately as they did a good overview.

Something that has been making press as of late in Japan is the the lingering backstage issues with Pro Wrestling NOAH.

Some of you who talk with me here on facebook are aware of this issue already as he we have been talking about it for the last week especially. I personally did not want to write everything out, but come to find out today, someone has went into detail with the issues.

http://www.fightopinion.com/2012/01/30/japan-2012-turmoil/

"Ever since Rikidozan created the monster of pro-wrestling at the beginning of the Reconstruction period after World War II in Japan, the connection between the yakuza and the fight game was always strong. Being a

Archived