WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Hender

Out of interest what is everyone's favourite EC match? Planning on doing a little rewatch today.

The RAW Elimination Chamber match from No Way Out 2009 won by Edge is the best ever Elimination Chamber match, second is the Smackdown Elimination Chamber match from Elimination Chamber 2011 won by Edge and the first Elimination Chamber match from the 2002 Survivor Series won by Shawn Michaels I rate as the third best Elimination Chamber match of all time. Two years running the Smackdown Elimination Chamber match has been better than RAW's. I think that streak continues tonight. After the Royal Rumble match, the Elimination Chamber is my second favourite gimmick match in WWE. It's a shame wrestlers who probably would have taken part in the Elimination Chamber matches either can't (Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio) or are already booked in another match (John Cena and Kane).

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of interest what is everyone's favourite EC match? Planning on doing a little rewatch today.

It's difficult to argue with the first one, it was a brilliant end to a brilliant PPV. Other than that, there was one recently (last year?) that ended with Edge winning after beating Mysterio last. That was brilliant. The Smackdown ones have generally been the better match in the past few years as far as I can remember.

But this the WWE they pushed Jericho to win the rumble

Did they?

Well kinda he was the only one who was actually believed to win the rumble.

By who? I can't remember anyone on WWE TV saying that Jericho will win the Rumble.

ajmc is confusing dirtsheet speculation with actual backstage discussion.

I don't think you can go wrong with the first three. I watched Summerslam 2003 last night, and even though that Chamber match is over shadowed by the Evolution beat down ending, it's still a great match and everyone were on top form. Other than those three though, last year's Smackdown match was very good, and I'm also very fond of both matches from No Way Out 2008.

• Paid Members

The 2009 Chambers were my favourite. The Smackdown one had that epic ending with HHH and Undertaker, and the Raw one had Edge taking Kofi's spot, Cena(who everyone thought was a lock to win it) going out early, and wee Rey-Rey rolling back the years with an amazing performance.

Was it last year that had Drew-Mac going mental? That one's up there as well.

I hope the Smackdown Chamber will go like this...

Khali will go first, with the obligatory thousand finisher spot. After that, D-Bryan will cheat Big Show by eliminating him in some underhanded way. Not sure how, probably blindsiding him with a roll-up and a handful of tights or something. Santino will lurk about, staying in the sidelines for most of it, and probably taking the glass bump, but will last to the final 3 with Bryan and Rhodes, battling the two of them for a good long portion. Santino will hit Bryan with the Cobra and get an arse-clenchingly close 2, before Rhodes comes in and smashes Santino with his finisher for the elimination. Rhodes will gloat, before Bryan gives him a taste of his own medicine with a LeBell lock straight away to retain.

We need two retentions IMO. My idea gives us a start for Santino/Rhodes IC match at Wrestlemania and I feel Bryan/Sheamus and Punk/Jericho is needed for the two belt matches, so I think Punk retaining works well. I'm looking forwatd to the Ambulance match.

And for fuck's sake... Can some mod change the first post to what it should be (card and poster)? It's doing my tits in.

• Paid Members
It'll be interesting to see how Santino fares in the chamber tonight. I don't think that anyone will agree with me on this, but I can see him lasting right until the end and enhancing his character. Would be great for him.

I must admit, I'm pleased that they put Santino into that match. With Orton having to pull out they really needed to replace him with someone that the live crowd will actually give a fuck about, because there's only really Big Show in there that they could get behind otherwise. There's really nobody else on the SmackDown side of the roster that I would have put in instead of Santino.

Santino may well be a joke character, but he's well loved and always gets a great reaction. The crowd were going crazy for him at the climax of the Battle Royal on SmackDown. I haven't seen or heard an audience that animated for ages. I hope he comes really close to winning it tonight, I think that there's some real potential for Daniel Bryan to build some super heat by cheating Santino out of a huge upset win.

I hope they don't go with a pre-match attack angle to replace him with Christian or whoever, as some have suggested. The Chamber will be boring as fuck if Big Show is the only proper face in there.

It'll be interesting to see how Santino fares in the chamber tonight. I don't think that anyone will agree with me on this, but I can see him lasting right until the end and enhancing his character. Would be great for him.

I must admit, I'm pleased that they put Santino into that match. With Orton having to pull out they really needed to replace him with someone that the live crowd will actually give a fuck about, because there's only really Big Show in there that they could get behind otherwise. There's really nobody else on the SmackDown side of the roster that I would have put in instead of Santino.

Santino may well be a joke character, but he's well loved and always gets a great reaction. The crowd were going crazy for him at the climax of the Battle Royal on SmackDown. I haven't seen or heard an audience that animated for ages. I hope he comes really close to winning it tonight, I think that there's some real potential for Daniel Bryan to build some super heat by cheating Santino out of a huge upset win.

I hope they don't go with a pre-match attack angle to replace him with Christian or whoever, as some have suggested. The Chamber will be boring as fuck if Big Show is the only proper face in there.

the biggest problem with the smackdown chamber match is while there are 3 faces and 3 heels in the match, only one of those faces is really over and or/a possible winner, santinos over but he has a snowballs chance in hell of winning, and if santino or khali is taken out of the match and replaced with christian, that makes 4 heels and 2 faces

How can Cena NOT loose tonight. Cena needs to start a big fued with the rock to sell this match as much as possible. Its billed at one of the biggest matches ever which means the build up has to be better or on par as The Rock Vs Austin at WM X7 build up.

The build up already MURDERS Rock/Austin's from that Mania. The build-up that was total horseshit before the very last sitdown with JR where Austin foreshadowed the turn. It was all fannying on with Debra and the usual tag match gubbins before that. Still didn't matter because they were both mint, mind. Same as with Rock and Cena too.

To be honest i would love love love for the rock to be there and screw cena in some way.

Before you all start i know its extremely unlikely just seems like the biggest wrestlemania match in ages and there is no really build up to it since survivor series.

as tonight's card goes. im staying up for this one i hope its good and enjoyable looking forward to laurightis announcement will be. they need to do alot b4 mania so fingers crossed

enjoy people

Archived