Sky

M-Dudz

Cheers for the info guys and thanks to Madman for such a kind offer! I'd already negotiated a deal, so bit too late to take you up on it and i wasn't really in a position to wait, but here's the deal i've just got on a phone / tv / broadband deal

- Unlimited broadband

- Free evening & weekend calls

- Movies

- Entertainment Extra

- Multi Room

- Two sets

- Instillation

- Router

First 6 months at

It's all done through Sky, guess it'll be BT that fit the phone.

Forgot to mention, and this might not be news to everybody but it certainly was to me, i didn't know if to be scared or impressed.... but apparently, Sky can monitor your viewing habbits so they can directly control what adverts you'll get. Amazing.

Thats a lot of money for no sports? Obviously sports might not be a big deal to you but i'm guessing you at least like WWE if you are on a wrestling forum. Otherwise a good deal !

Lamby - i honestly think this SkyGo will only be free, or inclusive anyway, for a certain while longer. You do exactly what my friend does and another colleague at work does likewise plus there are a few i know who've cancelled their multiroom and just use the laptop on a TV in the bedroom if they need to watch anything. I'd imagine that trend will be repeated in a lot of places, SKY aint daft however.

As for HD i'd imagine it'll be priced into packages by default in the next 18-24 months once 3D TV becomes the next big thing they start to push.

• Paid Members
Thats a lot of money for no sports? Obviously sports might not be a big deal to you but i'm guessing you at least like WWE if you are on a wrestling forum. Otherwise a good deal !

Lamby - i honestly think this SkyGo will only be free, or inclusive anyway, for a certain while longer. You do exactly what my friend does and another colleague at work does likewise plus there are a few i know who've cancelled their multiroom and just use the laptop on a TV in the bedroom if they need to watch anything. I'd imagine that trend will be repeated in a lot of places, SKY aint daft however.

As for HD i'd imagine it'll be priced into packages by default in the next 18-24 months once 3D TV becomes the next big thing they start to push.

Well, they have substantially changed recently. It used to be 5 devices you could have Skygo/Skyplayer on, now it's only 2 so there's nowhere near to the level of abuse that once existed.

Also, Skygo aint exactly free. It's only free to subscribers of the Sky Sports pack. They really should change it to subsribers of Sky World package only.

I'd only be watching sports i can see online anyway, or through using a Sky ID on the xbox, so the sports package wasn't a massive draw for me. Until.......

...... I called back this evening, just to see what an upgrade to the Sky World Package would be (basically everything you can get, and HD), and - it worked out cheaper over a 12 month period.

All the same as before, including the

Archived