WWE Hall of fame - latest inductee. (possible spoiler)

Wullief23

Reports on the internet - Which the Inductee himself has confirmed is that Mike Tyson will be inducted into this years WWE Hall of Fame in Miami. I never noticed this announcement on Raw last week, so not sure if it has been confirmed on WWE tv yet.

I personally think this makes a complete mockery of the Hall of Fame (I know I am not the first to think this as many over the years has complained about the HOF). I just can't believe they are once again putting a guy in the HOF who has made a couple of 'cameo (if that is the correct word to use)' appearances in the WWE for big money, and once again continue to leave out true HOF candidates such as Randy Savage.

Now I'm not going to go on a rant as to why Savage has not been inducted etc etc, as there has been hundreds of these discussion threads on this and many other forums, but he is the name that pops into everyone's head when this topic comes up, so I have used him as an example.

I was at the Hall of Fame ceremony a few years ago at Wrestlemania 25, and it was a great night. I loved seeing Steve Austin inducted and listening to his stories he had to tell. And the reason for that was because I was at a WRESTLING hall of fame event listening to a top WRESTLER tell some stories of the business. If i want to see Mike Tyson inducted into a hall of fame then I would buy a ticket for a boxing HOF.

This rant is not directed at Tyson, I respect that guy immensely for his ability as a boxer and he was one of my favorite boxer's to watch over the years, but my rant is directed at WWE inducting him into the HOF when the place could go to guy's who actually performed in WWE for many years including Savage, Warrior, Owen Hart etc etc (I and anyone on here could name hundreds). So these guys for me are the guy's who should be inducted - and not Boxer's, celebrities or ex guest Raw general managers.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They always induct a celebrity. Tyson was there for one of the biggest wrestlemania moments. They inducted Drew Carey for being in the rumble for i think a minute so when it comes to the celebrity wing of the hall of fame i think Tyson deserves a place.

Edit: Also, dont forget that this isn't the wrestling hall of fame. This is the Vince McMahons Wrestling Hall of Fame.

I couldn't care if they put fucking Bez in there. It's a silly little seperate side wing away from the rest of the Hall Of Fame that only the most jaded of fans get pissy about. It's not like Drew Carey is showing up every week demanding title matches and having a muck about with the legends in heart warming vignettes, is it?

Tyson was part of probably THE defining moment of the Attitude era for me - fuck throwaway shit like beer baths and dumping cement on cars, the Austin/Tyson confrontation was shock TV at its best and probably the best worked shoot Vince ever did. It was all over Sky News, for fuck's sake. He definitely deserves to be in there.

Wish people would get off their fucking high horse about the hall of fame! Especially over this one if it's true. Tyson marked a turning point in the fortunes of that company and does deserve his celeb spot. And if you had bought a ticket to the boxing Hall of Fame, you would have seen Sylvester Stallone, an actor inducted in the same year as Tyson. Probably something else you'd moan about. :angry:

• Paid Members
Tyson's more worthy of a spot in the HOF than someone of the current wrestlers that have been inducted.

No current wrestlers have been inducted.

I'm presuming he meant that Tyson is more worthy than some of the previous inductees who are currently in the HoF.

Tyson deserves to be in there a lot more than a lot of the wrestlers already in it. He brought a lot of eyes and a lot of dollars and respect to the business you seem to know so much about OP.

EDIT: and he'll also be bringing a lot more eyes and dollars to Wrestlemania weekend this year...

Archived