Moves that should be brought back

Wendell Cooley

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also enjoy a good shoulder breaker but haven't seen one in ages.

love the shout about shoulder breakers - I forgot about those - i can remember Greg Valentine doing a good one

does anyone do a flying ax handle like macho man used to anymore?

I was actually thinking of greg valentine when I suggested the Shoulder breaker, he did a great one.

Good call on the Macho Ax Handle. I also use to love the way Macho jumped over the top rope clothes lining his opponent at the same time.

I dont recall anyone else doing this move

I also enjoy a good shoulder breaker but haven't seen one in ages.

love the shout about shoulder breakers - I forgot about those - i can remember Greg Valentine doing a good one

does anyone do a flying ax handle like macho man used to anymore?

I was actually thinking of greg valentine when I suggested the Shoulder breaker, he did a great one.

Good call on the Macho Ax Handle. I also use to love the way Macho jumped over the top rope clothes lining his opponent at the same time.

I'd love to see someone use this again. Suppose everyone knows it as Macho Mans. I do think a heel could use it again though, maybe a high flying guy like Hunico?

• Paid Members
Someone mentioned you don't see shoulder breakers anymore, one of my favourite moves was Scott Norton's shoulder breaker finisher. I think it's called a Canadian Shoulder breaker, quite hard to describe , but it's a peach!

Is that the same as Papa Shango used?

• Paid Members
You don't see enough proper double team moves in WWE anymore.

Yeah, I miss a variety of double team moves. Not sure they'd particularly fly as finishers, but I was fond of the Hollywood Bonb and the Rip-Cord as performed by the Hollywood Blonds, and as noted in previous threads, I was a massive mark for the Powerplex and the Harlem Heatseeker. They wouldnt execute it now but the Diamond/Tanaka combination superkick and German suplex was an utter treat.

Not sure how often they did it, but when the Road Warriors used to simultaneously clothesline the opponent from either side looked great. I often think someone should do a combo clothesline/chopblock from the rear to really send someone from a loop. Someone ought to be doing Harlem Heats "Big Apple" as well - Stevie would lift an opponent up like the Hart Attack to be met by a Harlem Sidekick from Booker, if you recall. Bourne & Kingston would be ideal for it, except I doubt Kofi can lift anyone with those arms.

• Paid Members

With Air Boom I can understand why they don't use a double-team finish, as the SSP is over and it's all Evan has going for him really. It is such a sweet move though, so I don't really mean that to sound harsh.

Primo and Epico and the Uso's should definately have double-team finishers though. I've seen the Uso's use a few double team moves before, but they don't seem to have cemented any of them as signature moves. One I really liked was an assisted Samoan Drop, where one brother hoists the opponent into the air and the other catches him across his shoulders to go straight into the Samoan Drop. Umaga used to do it by himself.

Do you mean #11 on this list? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQIbg-osc4U

Miz does the axe handle at #16 as well.

You don't see enough proper double team moves in WWE anymore. Neither the Uso's, Air Boom or Epico and Primo have a double team finish. Very disappointing.

Air Boom and the Usos have double team finishers. It's impact move followed by top rope move rather than them both doing something at the same time, but it's in the fine tradition of the Twist of Fate and Swanton Bomb. Edge and Christian never really had a double team move, there was a side slam/reverse DDT thing but I think they only ever did it about twice. And something involving a superplex once.

Do you mean #11 on this list? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQIbg-osc4U

Miz does the axe handle at #16 as well.

You don't see enough proper double team moves in WWE anymore. Neither the Uso's, Air Boom or Epico and Primo have a double team finish. Very disappointing.

Air Boom and the Usos have double team finishers. It's impact move followed by top rope move rather than them both doing something at the same time, but it's in the fine tradition of the Twist of Fate and Swanton Bomb. Edge and Christian never really had a double team move, there was a side slam/reverse DDT thing but I think they only ever did it about twice. And something involving a superplex once.

Yeah, E&C used a stacked superplex a bit in late 99 I think, mostly in the TIT, if I remember correctly.

Awesome tag moves start and end with the Powerplex. That cunt needs bringing back yesterday. As long as the victim isn't too big, anybody can do that shit and it looks brilliant. Make it a moonsault or senton bomb for extra spice.

Archived