Moves that should be brought back

Wendell Cooley

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I loved the whole.. kick to stomach, but opponent catches your foot, so you jump and connect a kick to the back of your opponents head with your other foot.

Owen hart did it a lot, and it has a similar effect to Bad News Browns Ghetto Blaster.

Also, what is KoKo B Wares Ghostbuster better known as? Its like a stalled side suplex but with a sharp decline on to your opponents neck, used to see it quite a bit, but its the kind of thing thats bound to be banned in WWE.

• Paid Members
I loved the whole.. kick to stomach, but opponent catches your foot, so you jump and connect a kick to the back of your opponents head with your other foot.

Owen hart did it a lot, and it has a similar effect to Bad News Browns Ghetto Blaster.

Enzuigiri, I quite like it myself. Still see it often enough.

• Paid Members

Enzuigiri, I quite like it myself. Still see it often enough.

Fair play, in that case, i'll go with the Ghetto blaster and just scrap the kick to stomach.

• Paid Members

Leg Drops were very frequent throughout the 90's. Hogan obviously using it but it was also a very significant part of Bret Hart, Undertaker, X-Pac, D-Lo Brown and Yokozunas repertoire to name a few. Undertaker still uses his his apron Leg Drop in his yearly match but it's not used nearly as frequently these days. I think CM Punk may be the only WWE guy using them on the regular.

On the German Suplex front, yeah they seemed to get phased out a lot post-Benoit but, despite those already mentioned MVP threw a few in there too during his WWE time and i'm sure is still busting them out now.

The criss-cross running the ropes spot that Hogan and Warrior used against each other, i don't think i've seen used since those times.

Goldberg had quality power spots that would be great to see again, any raise opponent up and then catch them into another move (similar to Umagas Super Somoan Drop) always looked awesome and a real favourite of mine. And also his set-up into a pumphandle but, rather than slamming them he would just launch them over his back. Looked absolutely tremendous.

Also, Stump-pullers and Cross-Face ChickenWings.

Goldberg had quality power spots that would be great to see again, any raise opponent up and then catch them into another move (similar to Umagas Super Somoan Drop) always looked awesome and a real favourite of mine. And also his set-up into a pumphandle but, rather than slamming them he would just launch them over his back. Looked absolutely tremendous.
Yeah, Goldberg used to do a lot of shit that looked really neat. Taz used that pumphandle suplex too, and fake Razor I think. Probably didn't look as good as Goldbergs though. He also had a cool single underhook throw-type thingie, a bit like Andre the Giants, but more explosive, and a nice swinging neckbreaker variation also.

Also, Stump-pullers

Totally. They looked sore as hell. Another reason to like Doink and the Bully.

Also, what is KoKo B Wares Ghostbuster better known as? Its like a stalled side suplex but with a sharp decline on to your opponents neck, used to see it quite a bit, but its the kind of thing thats bound to be banned in WWE.

Brainbuster, Tyson Kidd has used it recently as a finish on Superstars/NXT. Kid Kash also used it in WWE.

Belt shots in the main events/World title matches. They were one of the highlights for me when I was first getting into wrestling, around 2000/2001. Even if they didn't want to use the legitimate belts for it, they could get out a replica for these occasions.

Cena nailing 'Taker in the main event of Mania 30 with the WWE strap would be terrific.

I see the mention of the the Canadian maple leaf (one legged boston) loved that move.

What about the Texas Cloverleaf OR in the Brainbuster (in the WWE, I know A Double uses it in TNA but i very rarely watch it).

And what about the Michinoku driver

• Paid Members
What about the Texas Cloverleaf

I love this move, it's brilliant. I'm surprised nobody has really used it in WWE for years.

Sheamus had a very brief spell of using it as a finisher at some point last year. I'm thinking late summer? When I say very brief, I mean about 2 matches.

Sheamus had a very brief spell of using it as a finisher at some point last year. I'm thinking late summer? When I say very brief, I mean about 2 matches.

Was that around the breaking point (?) PPV where they had a load of submission matches. That thing is fucking ludicrous even for WWE these days - lets take a load of wrestlers most of whom don't have submission moves and try and build new moves up in two weeks. They must just get the agents to teach them their old moves.

Archived