Moves that should be brought back

Wendell Cooley

• Paid Members
I always liked the German Suplex, don't see it too often these days or maybe I'm just not noticing it?

They've cut right back on those because it's a neck-drop.

That'll be why then. Shame, Benoit's were nothing short of special.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

One move I'd love to see a wee bit more is the Dominator.

It's such an effective finisher, simple to hit, has the added greatness of the set up, which can be reversed, or can be stalled over for a bigger opponent. It's just a great little move that aesthetically looks good as a finish (WAY better the majority of WWE Finishes)

I can honestly see Brodus busting out a nasty looking Dominator and it fitting with his size, frame and general look, no matter what character he's portraying, maybe add a couple of steps to make it a running Dominator to make it look a tad more impressive.

Either way, I'd like to see it used more.

• Paid Members
The heart punch. So simple and effective if the commentator knows how to sell it. I loved it when big buggers like Spivey and Mean Mark used it to Murderise jobbers.

"Made famous by the late great Wilbur Snyder", don't see enough of the abdominal stretch these days. Always great for outside interference with the leverage from the rope, or in singles, "He's using the rope,but the ref doesn't see it. Also miss how Scott Hall used to ruffle their hair, slap them in the face and dump them after he got tired of the stretch. Monsoon was great but i never heard him put the stretch over on commentary for him it was never applied correctly. He hasn't got that hold applied properly, he hasn't got the leverage" legend.

Last time I remember it being used, conversely, was by Punk on Cena at Money in the Bank. It's weird, but it added kind of a big-time feel to it. I can only remember it being used about 20 minutes into 30-minute title matches, and by Alex Shane in, like, all of his matches ever, in that spot where he grabs the rope til the ref kicks his arm away and he gets hiptossed.

• Paid Members

You don't see many stalling vertical suplexes anymore. Not since DH Smith used it in tribute to his old man. Remember when John Cena would knock out a stalling vertical suplex with a 'You Can't See Me' taunt thrown in? Wish he still did that- I thought it looked brilliant.

No idea, they might have stopped it. Didn't he nearly kill Ricky Steamboat with one?

There's not enough eye raking these days

I was thinking about this earlier. Hogan was mad on eye rakes. There's a bit in the '92 Rumble where him and Piper are brawling, and it's just a series of eye rakes. I can't imagine Cena and Orton ever doing that.

Archived