UKFF Fantasy Booking Cup Final Poll

Fatty Facesitter

Pick a winner  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Ok, so we've had both the entries in and now it's your turn to potentially have a say.

The winner will be crowned thus: The four panelists will cast their vote, and here in this thread you'll cast a public one. The public decision and the judges will ultimately determine the winner. Voting is open to ALL UKFF'ers, whether they were in the Booking Cup or not.

Here are the respective posts:

NEWM's Entry: http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2514672

vince russo's entry: http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2521185

You have until the middle of next week to vote in the poll, basically.

In the mean time, I'm also going to be handing out an award for best overall post out of all the rounds, so throw me a couple of ideas as to who you thought excelled at whatever point in the competition.

I voted for Russo, though it was very close.

NEWM's would have played out well as a Raw VS Smackdown match (where everyone is in their prime) but it had too many old-timers in the main match for me. I actually preferred NEWM's build-up over Russo's, but Russo's final match sounded better for not having Dusty, Stevie Ray, Animal, Douglas and the like stinking it up.

Plus Mick Foley was never in war games, I checked. Thanks google.

Sorry to be a pedant, but the "thanks google" smugness was enough to make me play the cunt as well. So:

WCW @ Jacksonville, FL - Coliseum - August 22, 1991 (4,500 paid)

Sting, El Gigante, the Yellow Dog, & Barry Windham defeated Arn Anderson, Cactus Jack, Kevin Sullivan, & the One Man Gang in Wargames at 17:55 when Gigante made Sullivan submit to the claw

Thanks historyofwwe.com and Google. Apologies to everybody else for the intrusion to the thread.

• Paid Members
Plus Mick Foley was never in war games, I checked. Thanks google.

Sorry to be a pedant, but the "thanks google" smugness was enough to make me play the cunt as well. So:

WCW @ Jacksonville, FL - Coliseum - August 22, 1991 (4,500 paid)

Sting, El Gigante, the Yellow Dog, & Barry Windham defeated Arn Anderson, Cactus Jack, Kevin Sullivan, & the One Man Gang in Wargames at 17:55 when Gigante made Sullivan submit to the claw

Thanks historyofwwe.com and Google. Apologies to everybody else for the intrusion to the thread.

:laugh: Thats him well and truly told. Class.

I preferred NEWM's simply because of the detail of the match. I was let down when I got to Russo's match and found it to be a few throw away lines to round things off, but NEWM's had me hooked. If Russo had did a full match write-up, it would be bawhair-close.

to be honest Forrest, before i read the oppositions i had planned on doing an Evolution reunion type thing, but when i read NEWMs he had used Evolution so tbh it threw me off my game hence the short write up etc. fair play though, i have enjoyed the whole competition immensely

• Paid Members

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

First of all, a big thanks once again to everyone who took part and/or read the main thread. It's greatly appreciated and I hope you all had fun trawling through it.

Both of the final entries were brilliant IMHO. I was a bit skeptical about how the Wargames concept would ultimately play out, but I think it worked well enough in the end.

As you know, the winner will receive a trophy through the post. I'm no dab hand at photoshop but if the winner wants a custom banner made or something I'll chase it up for them.

With that being said, I will now reveal the winner and later, the judging panel. The overall vote in this poll, won by NEWM, counts as only ONE vote. There are four other votes to consider, making up a total of five overall.

So, without further ado.

The 2011/12 UKFF Fantasy Booking Cup Winner is.......

Book%20Trophy.gif

NEWM

Take a bow, son. My thanks to vince russo, who submitted a cracking entry of his own, and a truly worthy runner up.

One more time, thanks again y'all. Will revela the judges in a bit, unless they go ahead and reveal themselves first. I'll also add some f their quotes through the rounds. In the mean time, NEWM, may the ten sacred virgins shower you with lotus blossom.

Archived