Britain's Gay Footballers

Devon Malcolm

I'm not saying they definitely don't have gay players in the team but it's just when they make the argument that every team HAS to have a gay player, also I hope your last line wasn't about Super Andy Carroll, they dropped the charges!

Not the first time, they didn't - although I'm not sure this lass was actually his girlfriend...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...ault-woman.html

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I agree. I imagine football has a a much lower representation of gay people than other professions and I'd imagine most teams don't have a gay player but there's also almost certainly a handful of gay premiership footballers as well.

And not Andy Carroll necessarily. You just know that if it were to happen a lot pf people would be less bothered by domestic violence than homosexuality.

I'm not saying they definitely don't have gay players in the team but it's just when they make the argument that every team HAS to have a gay player, also I hope your last line wasn't about Super Andy Carroll, they dropped the charges!

Not the first time, they didn't - although I'm not sure this lass was actually his girlfriend...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...ault-woman.html

Ohhhh that one, well obviously that one doesn't count

The whole Suarez/Terry thing has show the game up for what it still is. No amount of wristbands, campaigns and billboards are cleaning this game up in a hurry.

Bang on. Yesterday was just weird with the reactions of the fans to certain players/Sky showing Suarez celebrating. I had a fun time down at Brighton mind - if any get's the chance to go the food is fucking great and I'm told in the away end they even get a local beer in from the area the team is from.

It's just a hunch. They are always talking about each other on Facebook, always seem to be with each other, and as Pickett was coming into the ring for his last fight, Mike Goldberg emphasised "his VERY close relationship with former WEC champion Mike Brown".

Maybe I'm just making something out of nothing though and they're just close friends and training partners.

Justin Fashanu was a pal of mine and the worst thing he did at the time was come out imo, he was treated like shit and ruined his career. I personally believe attitudes have changed now and people are far more accepting if a player came out now it would be old news in a fortnight. Its done the rugby player no harm in fact he seems to be getting more work out of it. Justin was a real great guy and will always be the man to the Norwich fans.

• Moderators
Out of interest, Ricky, was he open about his sexuality amongst his friends before he came out publicly?

Well, I think the Brian Clough "Butcher" story was known before he came out. Gareth Thomas' sexuality wasn't exactly a giant secret before coming out either.

I honestly don't see why Jan Molby's not come out, if the alleged stories about Rafael's in Chester are true.

Archived