UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bohemians 6 Man Utd 1

YES YES YES YES! After weeks of missing chance after chance i finally rediscovered my scoring touch. Completely dominated the game from start to finish and a fully deserved three points. I will now beat Liverpool in my last game to set out a marker for the next season/tournament we do, wmxxx is back!

Afellay, Robinho, Nene, Kaka, Vermaelen, Fabiano

Messi

Norwich 2 - 0 Torquay

Despite a good second half performance The Gulls missed the chance to lift themselves off of the bottom against a clinical Norwich side. The first half was a pretty scrappy affair with Norwich having the better of the play. Few clear cut chances were created as both sides battled against the wind and rain. Norwich thought they'd scored early on but it was pulled back for offside. Replays showed the decision was correct, but it was very very close. Theo Walcott had a decent chance near the end of the half but blazed his effort over. In first half injury time Drogba broke free and cut the ball back across goal for Neymar to score into an open net.

Torquay had to score in the second half but were hit with an early goal by Norwich as the ball was crossed across the face of goal and Didier Drogba headed the ball in. After that Torquay began to take control of the game. Manuel Neuer in The Canaries' goal made a string of good saves to deny Torquay attacks with Nasri, Di Natale and Pazzini having seven or eight good chances between them stopped by the German 'keeper. Walter Samuel also hit a shot just wide of the post from a corner. Norwich almost scored a third when a last ditch tackle saved a likely goal when one-on-one. In the end Torquay's lack of ruthlessness and refusal to go for cutbacks in the final third cost them yet again. They'll need a shock result against Arsenal or Liverpool to avoid the wooden spoon this season.

Norwich goals: Neymar (45'), Drogba (48')

Week 12 remainders:

Bohemians v Liverpool

Brisbane v Arsenal

Everton v Fiorentina

Man Utd v Aston Villa

Brisbane v Fiorentina

Everton v Aston Villa

Norwich v Liverpool

Torquay v Arsenal

Week 11 remainder (last week for this):

Man Utd v Brisbane

Middlesbrough v Fiorentina

Fiorentina v Arsenal

Torquay v Liverpool

Week 10 remainder (last week for this):

Liverpool v Brisbane

Notes:

The table has been updated an is on the first post.

Congratulations to carmella, he's retained his title after Lawz conceded defeat but he's still got four games to play which could help decide other side's fates. Man Utd climb up to second and look in pole position to finish their after beating rivals Arsenal. Wolves are third having finished all of their games but may still drop to fourth should Arsenal get four points or more from their last three games. Norwich are still fifth but Brisbane have games in hand. Torquay have dropped to bottom place on goal difference over Everton after Middlesbrough beat Bohemians to climb off of the bottom place at last. Torquay look favourites to finish bottom due to their tougher last two fixtures compared to Everton.

I'm toying with actually making this the last week to speed things up a bit as the last couple weeks usually drag a bit. Let me know what you think.

I will be available to play my remaining games between 4-6pm later today just to give my opponents a heads up.

When you next available mate?

I can play at anytime during the day today so if you are going to be online then post on this thread and I will come online. This season was a great concept and I would like to thank TUFCfan for his hard work in making this league a success as well as Stunstone for his early season transfer window hype which culminated in the 'Clasico' hype between me and the infamous TapOut Tapes lol.

I will be available to play my remaining games between 4-6pm later today just to give my opponents a heads up.

When you next available mate?

I can play at anytime during the day today so if you are going to be online then post on this thread and I will come online. This season was a great concept and I would like to thank TUFCfan for his hard work in making this league a success as well as Stunstone for his early season transfer window hype which culminated in the 'Clasico' hype between me and the infamous TapOut Tapes lol.

I will be on in 5 mins for half an hour if your still free.

TUFCfan just like to say cheers for all your hard work again

I echo these sentiments, cheers for the hard work.

I have just one little issue. I only have one game left and the table suggests I have two. Any idea where the "ghost game" has disappeared to?

Looking into it, it was your 6-1 loss to Liverpool in week 5 that hadn't been added to the spreadsheet (though oddly I added it to Liverpool's total). The bad news is, it means you're currently bottom again on goal difference!

Archived