UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Around today be on about 3pm if my opponents are around.

TUFC: Can I play next weeks games aswell? I'm busy after today with work for the next 6 days.

Yeah, that's fine.

You about or have I just missed you?

Brisbane about for a couple of hours until about 8

I won't be online until later tonight. Let me know your availability over the next few days. Any chance of you being online during the day?

Torquay 1 -3 Brisbane Roar

A much less one-sided game than last time with both defences dominating most of the game with both sides failing to muster double figures in shots between them. Torquay, like last time, took the lead when after winning the ball it was worked down the left and to the feet of Joao Moutinho in the centre of the pitch, he evaded his marker and blasted the ball past Diego Lopez. It wasn't long before Brisbane equalised when Torquay twice carelessly gave the ball away leading to Ibrahimovic powering through to score. Higuain saw a scissor kicked effort glide inches wide of the post whist Pazzini was almost through on an open goal but Diego Lopez managed to take the ball away from the Italian as he was rounding the 'keeper. After the break The Gulls could have regained the lead in the second half when a chipped through ball found Pazzini but his shot was aimed straight at the onrushing 'keeper. With a strikeforce like Brisbane had the last part of the game was always going to be tough and they took advantage of a tiring Gulls defence with two counterattacks following misplaced Torquay passes. Torquay's old nemesis Higuain scored the first whilst Kevin Gameiro scored on the second counter to secure the game for Brisbane. Though Torquay might have deserved something out of the game through their endeavour, and could have if their luck had held out, Brisbane just edged a fairly close game and the class of players like Ibrahimovic, Nani and Higuain shone through at the end.

Torquay scorer: Moutinho (8')

Brisbane scorers: Ibrahimovic (13'), Higuain (71'), Gameiro (84')

Torquay 1 - 8 Man Utd

Torquay have had their fair share of deserved thrashings in the past but this was an odd one, with the Gulls more than matching Man U at half time but went in 4-1 down. Torquay's early goal jinx struck again when they went ahead through Chiellini after a corner was cleared but played back into the box where the Italian defender turned with the ball and struck an excellent strike that any striker would have been proud of. There was a moment of controversy not long after when Torquay were on the attack halfway in the Man Utd half when a Man Utd player went down injured. Torquay halted the attack by kicking the ball into touch incase the injury was serious, which it turned out it wasn't, but rather than returning the ball back to The Gulls, Man U instead went straight on the attack and Arjen Robben almost scored but his effort was saved and went out for a corner which was thankfully cleared. When the Torquay counter broke down Man U countered with an attack of their own and Messi scored with an easy finish. Man Utd took the lead in the 31st minute when a well time tackle by a Gulls defender the ball ran straight to Ronaldo who easily finished past Akinfeev. Torquay almost equalised when a Di Natale free kick was just palmed away from the top corner by an in-form Julio Cesar. Shortly after Pazzini went down injured after another Torquay attack and Julio Cesar punted the ball out of play at the halfway line. Pazzini was able to continue but Sod's law struck when after Torquay returned the ball to the Red Devils straight from the throw in, Man Utd went on the attack and scored when the ball was played through to Messi. In injury time a chipped through ball to Messi looked like it was going to be easily cleared by Walter Samuel but the defender missed his header and the ball fell straight to Messi who didn't look the gift horse in the mouth and went on to complete his hat trick. Torquay were shell shocked at half time, the stats read Torquay: 5 shots, 5 on target, 1 goal and Man Utd: 5 shots, 4 on target, 4 goals.

With a mountain to climb Torquay looked a bit ragged in the second half. Both sides had chances and Man Utd even hit the post but it was the speed of Messi, Robben and Ronaldo on the counter which put the end to any Gulls hopes of getting anything out of the game. Messi scored a fifth for Man U in the 62nd minute and then in the 74th when a goal kick was headed back straight through the defence allowing Messi to score a sixth for Man Utd. Messi scored his fifth soon after when Ronaldo cut the ball back to him in the area. Marek Hamsik had a great chance for a late consolation when he was put through on goal but Julio Cesar made and excellent save to deny him. Lucas Barrios finished the scoring for Man Utd in injury time with an easy finish. Torquay didn't deserve to lose the game by such a large margin but Man Utd's quality up front and Julio Cesar's heroics allowed them to win the game in style.

Torquay scorer: Chiellini (9')

Man Utd scorers: Messi (17', 40', 45', 62', 74', 79'), Ronaldo (31'), Barrios (90')

The only positive from the two games was that there wasn't a connection error in sight which is a rarity on Fifa for two games played fairly close together.

Torquay 1 -3 Brisbane Roar

A much less one-sided game than last time with both defences dominating most of the game with both sides failing to muster double figures in shots between them. Torquay, like last time, took the lead when after winning the ball it was worked down the left and to the feet of Joao Moutinho in the centre of the pitch, he evaded his marker and blasted the ball past Diego Lopez. It wasn't long before Brisbane equalised when Torquay twice carelessly gave the ball away leading to Ibrahimovic powering through to score. Higuain saw a scissor kicked effort glide inches wide of the post whist Pazzini was almost through on an open goal but Diego Lopez managed to take the ball away from the Italian as he was rounding the 'keeper. After the break The Gulls could have regained the lead in the second half when a chipped through ball found Pazzini but his shot was aimed straight at the onrushing 'keeper. With a strikeforce like Brisbane had the last part of the game was always going to be tough and they took advantage of a tiring Gulls defence with two counterattacks following misplaced Torquay passes. Torquay's old nemesis Higuain scored the first whilst Kevin Gameiro scored on the second counter to secure the game for Brisbane. Though Torquay might have deserved something out of the game through their endeavour, and could have if their luck had held out, Brisbane just edged a fairly close game and the class of players like Ibrahimovic, Nani and Higuain shone through at the end.

Torquay scorer: Moutinho (8')

Brisbane scorers: Ibrahimovic (13'), Higuain (71'), Gameiro (84')

T'was a good game that. I've got to admit if only I was a better player I'd walk this league. My starting 11 of Lopez, Lahm, Marcelo, Terry, Ivanovic, De Rossi, Fabregas, Mata, Nani, Higuain and Ibrahimovic must rank up there as one of the strongest starting elevens in the league but I just have far too many inconsistent performances. It was nice to record a win though, interestingly enough this was the first victory we've recorded since I beat you last time but strangely enough I have managed to hold onto 5th throughout. Anyway.....

Brisbane Roar 0 - 0 Norwich

Frustrating match with yet again more poor finishing. One thing remains though that no team managed by Nicko has recorded a victory against any of my boys in any FIFA league to date....it's the one record on here that I'm proud of! ;)

Week 9 (Monday 26th March -> Sunday 1st April)

Arsenal v Liverpool

Brisbane v Wolves

Everton v Bohemians

Fiorentina v Aston Villa

Norwich v Man Utd

Torquay v Middlesbrough

Bohemians v Torquay

Everton v Brisbane

Man Utd v Fiorentina

Middlesbrough v Aston Villa

Norwich v Arsenal

Wolves v Liverpool

Week 8 remainders:

Aston Villa v Bohemians

Fiorentina v Norwich

Middlesbrough v Man Utd

Brisbane v Bohemians

Norwich v Everton

Week 7 remainders (last week for these):

Liverpool v Brisbane Roar

Man Utd v Aston Villa

Middlesbrough v Bohemians

Bohemians v Fiorentina

Notes:

The table has been updated and is on the first post.

Liverpool are still top but Man Utd have moved up to second but Liverpool now have a ten point lead. After a good couple of weeks Arsenal move to third whilst Wolves have had a nightmare of a week and drop from second to fourth. Brisbane are still fifth but Fiorentina are now close to breaking into the top five. Middlesbrough are still bottom and the rest of the stragglers have added an extra point to the gap between themselves and Boro, who are now seven points adrift at the bottom.

The leaders have a tough week as they face third placed Arsenal and fourth placed Wolves as both will look to get an advantage over one another by being the first to take points off of the defending champion this season. Man Utd face a tough game against Fiorentina who are looking to rise up the league table, whilst Wolves also face Brisbane this week in 4th vs 5th Battle as stunstone looks to cement a top five place. Down at the bottom Boro might feel that they have two winnable games as they play Aston Villa and also face off in a battle between the two teams with the worst goal difference in the league against Torquay.

Archived