Closed

Dreamers of Dreams

I think you'd be better off looking for a good promotion rather than a select bunch of wrestlers. For example if you were to follow Welsh Wrestling, not only would you be following a company that covers the majority of a country, but we also draw well, have good wrestlers on our shows, and in terms of road trips, well whether its driving through the valleys to a show in the Rhondda, or driving over the Brecon Beacons, or along the West Wales coast, not many promotions can boast road trips like ours....and boy to the wrestlers bitch about it :laugh:

We are not making it to put over one single promotion. It's not an advert. The film will be an artistic piece that will aim to tell the selected wrestler's individual story, a man's journey, his goals, his aspirations, his life.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you'd be better off looking for a good promotion rather than a select bunch of wrestlers. For example if you were to follow Welsh Wrestling, not only would you be following a company that covers the majority of a country, but we also draw well, have good wrestlers on our shows, and in terms of road trips, well whether its driving through the valleys to a show in the Rhondda, or driving over the Brecon Beacons, or along the West Wales coast, not many promotions can boast road trips like ours....and boy to the wrestlers bitch about it :laugh:

No. We are not making it to put over one single promotion. It's not an advert. The film will be an artistic piece that will aim to tell the selected wrestler's individual story, a man's journey, his goals, his aspirations, his life.

Jesus Christ, its Barton Fink

Barton_Fink.jpg

No. We are not making it to put over one single promotion. It's not an advert. The film will be an artistic piece that will aim to tell the selected wrestler's individual story, a man's journey, his goals, his aspirations, his life.

Most wrestlers strories go a bit like this: Work 9-5 monday to friday, wrestle once a month.

Now I wasn't insinuating you follow Welsh Wrestling, I wouldn't allow it anyway, I fell out with BBC cameramen when they were filming at my show because they kept getting in the way, but i'm just giving you my opinion that following a promotion would be better than following a wrestler, unless that wrestler is somebody like James Mason whose working at least three or four nights a week.

And for the record, I believe a promoters story would be far more fascinating than a wrestlers story. Biased maybe, but I believe it would.

Now I wasn't insinuating you follow Welsh Wrestling, I wouldn't allow it anyway.

Go figure. :hmmm:

Now I wasn't insinuating you follow Welsh Wrestling, I wouldn't allow it anyway.

Go figure. :hmmm:

Haha! To be honest mate, with your attitude I certainly wouldn't want to work with you.

Thats fine. You totally contradicted yourself, that was all I was pointing out. You have given your opinion now so please stop spamming this thread. Thank you.

Fair enough, I only posted to give you some friendly advice. My next piece of advice, is to take your cheap camcorder and get off your high horse.

I'm no expert but id suggest meeting people first and talking to the guys YOU want to film. If you're asking people to approach you, you certainly wont get the desired result. They wont be natural on camera and they certainly wont be sincere as they've asked to be in your film.

• Moderators
Thats fine. You totally contradicted yourself, that was all I was pointing out. You have given your opinion now so please stop spamming this thread. Thank you.

Stop being a little bitch and clicking report on every post you dislike in this thread.

Stop being a little bitch and clicking report on every post you dislike in this thread.

I would laugh at that myself but probably would be reported. However i got to agree in sense with Mr. Ravenhill, going to a promoter would be the better choice, see how he works 9-5 while also dealing with the fact he has to get a show booked and stuff like that. But like they said if you are going to have a wrestler do it, don't ask them, go to them.

I do like the idea of following fans as well, something i want to do when i myself look at doing a documentary (or shall i say if i do one)

I have apologised to Mr. Ravenhill via PM for the misunderstanding, no offence was meant by my reply to his suggestion, it seems that we both took what was said to each other the wrong way.

If you check page 1 of this thread, you will see that I said although the film will focus on following wrestlers around venues/at training etc, I agree yes there should also be snippets with promoters and fans. Although no one company (nor one wrestler) would be the sole focus.

The wrestlers I have been talking to, which include one or two of Brit wrestling legends and some really promising upcoming stars that have attracted the attention of those Stateside, are performing regularly and I am hoping that following their life on the road, telling their story etc will make for a pretty decent film.

What do you hope your film to accomplish that the same segments in Beyond the Mat didn't? If its your goal to track wrestlers trying to make it big, its been done many times before and its always the same story. In my opinion it would be a predictable story now. Its also been done on the highest level where Vince and other WWE management were watching the tryout - do you honestly think you'll be topping that? Don't forget that was also a big budget production - a million miles away from the other short doc "Keith" also shown in this thread.

I'm not picking on you, I'm just genuinely interested to learn of your goals and expectations here Barton.

• Paid Members

I understand you desire to follow wrestlers rather than promotions, but if you spent a few weeks with a promotion, i assume you would meet particular wrestlers, get to know them personally and then 'go from there' so to speak.

Thats how i make all of my best friends anyway.

What do you hope your film to accomplish that the same segments in Beyond the Mat didn't? If its your goal to track wrestlers trying to make it big, its been done many times before and its always the same story. In my opinion it would be a predictable story now. Its also been done on the highest level where Vince and other WWE management were watching the tryout - do you honestly think you'll be topping that? Don't forget that was also a big budget production - a million miles away from the other short doc "Keith" also shown in this thread.

I'm not picking on you, I'm just genuinely interested to learn of your goals and expectations here Barton.

I am not trying to top anything else. It's an artistic film about British Wrestling. If you think that this subject has been covered many times before in documentary form, please provide me with some links. The comparison to Beyond the Mat was very loose. Yes it's about people living/chasing a dream but there will be very little focus on WWE, only perhaps from those who we interview who are waiting on a trial at the moment, other than that I am not really interested in mentioning it. Much like the 'Keith' doc, the film will show the people behind the characters.

And for the record it will include wrestlers from around the UK, various promotions, promoters, fans, refs, training sessions/seminars, magazine journalists and many more...

I want to be able to show it to someone who has never seen British wrestling before and say that this is what the sport in our country and it's people are all about.

• Paid Members

Have you had much luck yet mate?

I know Fye said to give him a shout regarding NEWS. If you haven't, i would strongly suggest getting in touch, as they generally feature a lot of the better north east wrestlers.

Also, if the wrestling doc doesn't go to plan, you could make a mini doc on skateboards, i'm canny sure he owns a skate store as well as a wrestling company, jammy git.

Archived