Closed

Dreamers of Dreams

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Hi mate,

I'm always a fan of this kind of thing. You should check out the Keith myatt mini doc, I'm sure the creator is a member on here, and IMO, I think it's a cool little insight and well made.

I've always thought the idea of a wrestling fan doc would be a fun watch, following fans on their travels around the country, letting them express their feelings about wrestling and everything surrounding it, but in a way which doesn't represent an idiot filming himself on YouTube. I think it would be amusing to say the least as a viewer, including a slice of cringe.

Out of curiosity, where are your boundaries in terms of where you can travel to? The north east has an amazing scene, a fair few promotions that I believe could be classed as feeder groups, wrestlers learning the trade, before heading south and beyond, PAC springs to mind. A great history to, with the likes of wzw and IWF, as well as the newer kids on the block like news and crw.

Anyway, good luck

• Paid Members
Out of curiosity, where are your boundaries in terms of where you can travel to?

We are based in the North West of England but for the right person/story, distance isn't a concern (aslong as it's the UK, obviously.)

If you're in the north-west, you've got a little gold mine of wrestling goodness (and not so goodness) on your doorstep to tap into:

Grand Pro Wrestling (Wigan)

FutureShock Wrestling (Stockport)

XWA (Morecambe)

Preston City Wrestling (erm, Preston)

RWA (Runcorn)

even NPWA (Wigan)....

Great stuff, thanks.

Ideally, I am interested in finding maybe a couple of newer wrestlers who are just cutting their teeth on the UK scene and then also I would like to find one or two people who are further down the line, maybe those who are pushing for a move across the pond, maybe they are awaiting a trial with WWE, I'd like the documentary to follow their story.

Johnny Moss tweeted about how well his students are coming along today, both he and his students could be very interesting to use for the project, assuming they would be interested

if you venture to the north east I will be happy to help (NEWS promoter) if I can but there are so many great people and companies in your area you should be fine staying local

Hi mate,

I'm always a fan of this kind of thing. You should check out the Keith myatt mini doc, I'm sure the creator is a member on here, and IMO, I think it's a cool little insight and well made.

I've always thought the idea of a wrestling fan doc would be a fun watch, following fans on their travels around the country, letting them express their feelings about wrestling and everything surrounding it, but in a way which doesn't represent an idiot filming himself on YouTube. I think it would be amusing to say the least as a viewer, including a slice of cringe.

Out of curiosity, where are your boundaries in terms of where you can travel to? The north east has an amazing scene, a fair few promotions that I believe could be classed as feeder groups, wrestlers learning the trade, before heading south and beyond, PAC springs to mind. A great history to, with the likes of wzw and IWF, as well as the newer kids on the block like news and crw.

Anyway, good luck

Here's the Keith Myatt film. http://vimeo.com/3392560

Take a look, lets get those numbers up ;)

Cheers,

Hi mate,

Anyway, good luck

Here's the Keith Myatt film. http://vimeo.com/3392560

Take a look, lets get those numbers up ;)

Cheers,

Yes, a very nice film, who made this?

I think you'd be better off looking for a good promotion rather than a select bunch of wrestlers. For example if you were to follow Welsh Wrestling, not only would you be following a company that covers the majority of a country, but we also draw well, have good wrestlers on our shows, and in terms of road trips, well whether its driving through the valleys to a show in the Rhondda, or driving over the Brecon Beacons, or along the West Wales coast, not many promotions can boast road trips like ours....and boy to the wrestlers bitch about it :laugh:

Archived