It's Vader Time

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

lets talk shoots & backstage fights...

recently reading Ring of Hell and i came across a story about Vader's time in Japan where he apparently disrespected the Yakuza members in the audience at a NJPW show. The book says that they punished Vader by pinning him down and cutting him up with razor blades? it's the first i ever heard of it, and it sounds pretty f'n grim so i decided to look it up online. It appears the story is a little hazy but something probably did happen, i found this site which has a ton of stories of Vader getting into fights or being overly stiff in the ring, Leon got himself into some scrapes.

21.jpg

So the point of the thread is to discuss this shit, post other infamous moments, now with the help of youtube, this shit can be seen! i remember a time of paying money to get very poor quality tapes just to see 10-15 seconds of footage of this kinda thing...there's dozens or so very famous stories of these incidents, but there's hundreds more that kinda get forgotten or looked over, let's have em:

• Paid Members

As cool as it was having Vader in WWF, I do wonder how things would have played out with the nWo if Vader hadn't of been fired in late '95 for getting his ass handed to him by Orndorff. It would have been brilliant to have had a big angry Vader fighting WCW's corner whilst Sting was doing the whole Crow thing. Or even better, being the hired monster for Hogan and pals

• Paid Members

Vader ran into the wrong group of lads in the mid-90s. He had a massive reputation as far as throwing people around, taking advantage of jobbers and hurting opponents. With Hogan and his pals like Orndorff and Sullivan running WCW and Vince McMahon and Shawn Michaels running the WWF, there was no where for him to hide in North America. It seemed like both promotions wanted to expose his hard man act. He's proof that you need pals at the top, and in 94-98 he didn't have any. Shame, because he was awesome. Imagine Goldberg of 98 vs a monster heel Vader? I'd have paid for that if DSF started charging.

Do love the story of Orndorff smacking him about though. Orndorff must be super hard.

• Paid Members

I can't look for it right now, but seems like a good opportunity to post that Steiners match vs two Japanese guys, I think one was Fujinami or someone equally as big. Liberties taken, receipt given. Will look for it in a bit.

• Paid Members

It's been posted before but this seems like as good a time as any to introduce some new people to the APA fucking murdering Public Enemy. The chair shots from Bradshaw are fucking brutal; he obviously hated their WCW theme music as much as the rest of us

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8w38z_pu...-acolytes_sport

• Paid Members

The Dudley Boyz said on their shoot interview, the reason TPE got such a beating was because they complained about the finish of the match with the APA. So Simmons and Bradshaw give them a good kicking. When the Public Enemy returned to ECW, the Dudleys gave them the 3D, and they no sold it in protest of having to eventully come out on the losing end of the feud. Bubba said, as soon as they saw Grunge and Rocco Rock no sell it, they ran back and gave them a pasting of their own. Cant find the footage of it though. The Public Enemy sounded like a pair of spanners.

I mentioned this before, but it seems relavent, Bam Bam Bigalow said in his shoot (for RF video) how he hated Vader after he saw him slap the old woman ,responsible for picking the gaijins up frpm the airport, for being late. I wouldn't be surprised if similar behaviour led to Stan Hansen stiffing his eye out it's socket

• Paid Members

Anyone seen Vader's shoot interview. Poor Vader went on for a while about his plan to go to ECW and feud with Bam Bam and do "killer business". Bischoff has Vader in the Honky Tonk Man pile of his shit list, so he was never going to get a job for WCW, and the WWF had just got rid of him. So he seemed to have his heart set of a run with Bam Bam in ECW. He went on for ages about it, then Feinstein cruely said "oh, Bam Bam's just signed for Turner". Vader's eyes went all puppy-esque. Would have been great for ECW that though. Vader and Taz would have done well, too.

Larry The Ax tells this story in his shoot, about how Harley Race was stabbed in a bar. These guys were beating up this woman in a bar (Larry thinks she might have been a hooker) and they are hassling her and slapping her around, Well Harley gets up and kicks all three of their asses. One guy pulls a knife and stabs harley in the back, it hits a rib and folds the knife up, Harley's adrenaline is up, he pulls out his gun, and his assailants end up getting arrested. So best part of the story? Race calls Larry and tells him to bring his gear to the Hospital and he worked that night. (i mean sure after he took some time off but he worked the night he got stabbed in the back).

I remember Ric Flair telling a story of reading about this in the newspaper before he was in the business.

Whatever happened, why let the tuth get in the way of a good story.

• Paid Members
I mentioned this before, but it seems relavent, Bam Bam Bigalow said in his shoot (for RF video) how he hated Vader after he saw him slap the old woman ,responsible for picking the gaijins up frpm the airport, for being late. I wouldn't be surprised if similar behaviour led to Stan Hansen stiffing his eye out it's socket

that story is also in the Ring of Hell book.

There's also a completely fucked up story about a NJPW rookie getting killed in dojo by Kensuke Sasaki, it basically says that the guy was beaten to death via wresting moves in the ring and it was covered up.

anyone find anymore about this story? i looked online and it appears it did happen, but details are sketchy.

• Paid Members
Do love the story of Orndorff smacking him about though. Orndorff must be super hard.

I always liked the way Bobby Heenan told that story at the Hall of Fame when Orndorff was inducted. The way The Brain described it was hilarious. Mr Wonderful kicking the shit out of Vader in his flip flops.

Here's Heenan (the Vader/Orndorff story is about 4 mins in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA8if35BDW0

Orndorff still looks like he can fuck you up.

Didn't Scott Steiner attempt to end DDP's life backstage in WCW once? And it took about half the locker room to get him off. I remember reading that story but can't remember what started it. I've seen a lot of people say that Steiner's a nice guy but he has the kind of temper where it doesn't take much to send him into a rage.

The Dudley Boyz said on their shoot interview, the reason TPE got such a beating was because they complained about the finish of the match with the APA. So Simmons and Bradshaw give them a good kicking. When the Public Enemy returned to ECW, the Dudleys gave them the 3D, and they no sold it in protest of having to eventully come out on the losing end of the feud. Bubba said, as soon as they saw Grunge and Rocco Rock no sell it, they ran back and gave them a pasting of their own. Cant find the footage of it though. The Public Enemy sounded like a pair of spanners.

house party 99 i'd assume

that story is also in the Ring of Hell book.

There's also a completely fucked up story about a NJPW rookie getting killed in dojo by Kensuke Sasaki, it basically says that the guy was beaten to death via wresting moves in the ring and it was covered up.

anyone find anymore about this story? i looked online and it appears it did happen, but details are sketchy.

according to wiki, both Bam Bam and Scott Norton said it's true in their respective shoot interviews

Archived