Outside bets who'd be a star

PowerButchi

• Moderators
alexander wrote this about Rave in the OP of the ROH Discussion thread, which goes a part way in summing it up for me - "Here's what I like about Jimmy Rave- he's shit, and he knows it. So he uses that as part of his character, playing the guy who knows he's out of his depth (Which he really is) and needs to take short cuts to win. This means he's good. Did that make any sense?"

STAR QUALITY.

A shit Honky Tonk Man is not what wrestling in 2012 needs. The closest thing to it is Daniel Bryan, and he's not even that.

Think on.

The opening post in the ROH thread was from 2004, though. Jimmy Rave's long since proven to be rotten in every department. Mark Jindrak and Monty Brown would be eligible for this thread if thats the case. Jimmy Rave's days come and gone.

That reminded me how stupid TNA were to turn Monty Brown heel. Super bowl winner, might have even been a super bowl weekend, crowd's mad for him, turn him.

The opening post in the ROH thread was from 2004, though. Jimmy Rave's long since proven to be rotten in every department. Mark Jindrak and Monty Brown would be eligible for this thread if thats the case. Jimmy Rave's days come and gone.

Admittedly what I did see of Jimmy Rave was very limited but I did see potential in what I saw. I was a huge mark for him back when I caught him on TWC and I put it down to TNA's use of him as the reason why he flopped when he went there.

• Moderators

Admittedly what I did see of Jimmy Rave was very limited but I did see potential in what I saw. I was a huge mark for him back when I caught him on TWC and I put it down to TNA's use of him as the reason why he flopped when he went there.

Yeah, but we're on about today. Could Jimmy Rave be a star? A star mind you, not a lower card act, in mainstream US wrestling in 2012?

I hated Jimmy Rave when I saw him. Then years later I wondered whether I hated him because he looked annoying and because he had the crossface and Styles Clash as finishers and that he was actually a brilliant heel. He never compelled me though, so the answer is no. It was interesting and funny watching him get pelted with toilet roll on the way to the ring as he walked slowly to House of the Rising Sun, but he just wasn't very good.

In 2012, there's no place on the TNA roster for him, let alone WWE.

Antonio Cesaro seems like he could be a good midcard addition. I've no time for Chris Hero. He's not of the same calibre as Punk and Danielson. They both stood out as THE guys in ROH. Cabana stood out too and I think WWE should have kept him as an opener. I never saw that much of Joe in ROH. I saw a match with him vs. Homicide which I wasn't that impressed with - it was his last before going to TNA. It wasn't helped by the fact that everything that could have happened happened before the main event, and the audience were burnt out. Joe really stood out to me in TNA in 2005/6 though.

If it's true Triple H sees potential in Seth Rollins, I can't for the life of me see why. I can see potential in Ambrose, but not Rollins. Don't know why they signed him in the first place.

• Paid Members
I'd love WWE to give the Briscoes a go. They'll need to spend some time in FCW first but they are great at their redneck gimmick.

In much the same way that Zach Gowen was great at his gimmick of being a guy with one leg.

On a serious note, never gonna happen. WWE would want them to change everything about themselves before putting them anywhere near TV, and, y'know, they seem to really like head drops and swearing. There'd be pretty much no positives in it for either party.

• Paid Members
I'd love WWE to give the Briscoes a go. They'll need to spend some time in FCW first but they are great at their redneck gimmick.

In much the same way that Zach Gowen was great at his gimmick of being a guy with one leg.

On a serious note, never gonna happen. WWE would want them to change everything about themselves before putting them anywhere near TV, and, y'know, they seem to really like head drops and swearing. There'd be pretty much no positives in it for either party.

Heh.

Given how onside WWE wants to be with GLAAD these days as well, I can't see them giving airtime to these two in any way, shape or form. Just bring back the Godwinns.

That reminded me how stupid TNA were to turn Monty Brown heel. Super bowl winner, might have even been a super bowl weekend, crowd's mad for him, turn him.

Fuck me, a fourteen year old me was all over Monty Brown. How he didn't go onto bigger things I'll never know. His move into the powerbomb was a bit shit but the pounce was over....PERIOD!

Fuck me, a fourteen year old me was all over Monty Brown. How he didn't go onto bigger things I'll never know. His move into the powerbomb was a bit shit but the pounce was over....PERIOD!

It can't have helped going from "the Alpha Male" Monty Brown to Marcus Cor Von. It's a shame, a superbowl winner with so much potential and not even in the business anymore.

That impromptu promo he cut at Hard Justice (06?) after the fire was incredible

Is that a joke? You mean "I AM the Alpha Male! He is me, I am him... Hey Fat Joe, I call him a hippophant... I AM The Alpha Male"

Monty was AWE, but fuck me, that promo was bonkers on every level.

Dean Ambrose will be a big star. If he isn't then there is something very wrong in this world.

Have always thought Trent Barretta will be a big star in about 5-6 years. He is a talented wrestler and has the quality of a young Edge about him in my opinion.

...and just for the whacky facial expressions I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Nick Rogers!!

http://www.fcwwrestling.info/nickrogers1.html

• Awards Moderator
...and just for the whacky facial expressions I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Nick Rogers!!

http://www.fcwwrestling.info/nickrogers1.html

Chris Masters meets Graham Norton

The FCW photographers seem to have snapped this guy midway through his transformation into the Hulk: http://www.fcwwrestling.info/dantedash3.html

Archived