WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 1/27/2012

ThePhenom

They definitely seem to be keeping the Brodus-Regal storyline alive for something more, unless they just replay it all the time because they're that amused by Regal's dancing.

Agree with you on the Orton stuff too but I would add that he looked great so it didn't harm him too much.

I don't think it harmed anyone, it was just rubbish. I hate when wrestling massacres its own logic for the sake of convenience. Unless it's tremendous fun, and this wasn't. I'd rather they just did a return speech, where Orton could've talked about the Royal Rumble and still ended up having a pull-apart brawl with Barrett.

• Paid Members

As I said, I agree. I always hate it when someone comes out for a match, an angle ensues and it becomes obvious that they were never going to have the match. Cases of disappearing jabronis are my favourite.

I'm sure the Regal-BC thing will go somewhere. Hopefully get to see him work for more than a minute.

The Alex Riley thing is strange. WTF happened there?

• Paid Members

I read somewhere on here at the time he was being pushed on Raw after The Miz feud that there were complaints against him for being dangerous in the ring. Dunno if that's something to do with it.

• Paid Members

When Riley was trying to dance during Clay's entrance, I thought it would be a tag match because no way would they be jobbing out Riley after what he did last year. If they want anything decent out of him they need to turn him heel asap. Being a prick was then Riley shone on NXT.

• Paid Members

He's a shit Virgil. I think WWE finally gave up on him after he botched Jack Swagger's finish twice in the same match. Even before then, he was super over for two angles but he was done after his rubbish matches were played out with nobody reacting. It's a shame they wasted The Miz angles with him.

Orton is the home town hero for the Rumble. That must make him favourite.

• Paid Members
I don't think it harmed anyone, it was just rubbish. I hate when wrestling massacres its own logic for the sake of convenience. Unless it's tremendous fun, and this wasn't. I'd rather they just did a return speech, where Orton could've talked about the Royal Rumble and still ended up having a pull-apart brawl with Barrett.

I agree, that's what I thought was going to happen and what i feel should have happened.

I mentioned in the rumble thread that I thought there could be a fair few returns occurring in the match, Orton being brought back in this manner on this show has me leaning even more towards that opinion.

Archived