WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 1/27/2012

ThePhenom

I hope Drew has a good showing in the Rumble, I can't believe its been a year since his epically intense showing in the Elimination Chamber!

Looks a really good Smackdown, can't wait to watch it, don't see why Orton was needed back, unless the want someone else to get the surprise entrant pop at the Royal Rumble....

Decent SmackDown. The title scene is fantastic, which makes the general lacklustre show seem better. Bryan, Big Show and Henry are all on top form and spot on with their characters.

The Orton-Barrett thing was stupid. They were set for a match, and they started a fairly standard brawl to start it, but rather than ringing the bell, referees and jobbers came down to separate them. Made no sense, reeked of obvious "let's put it off til later" tactics.

Alex Riley's sudden emergence as a top babyface last summer was shocking, his almost immediate fall to being a total jobber is perhaps moreso.

Cole's rant about language at Booker in the tag team match had me laughing for ages. "Santino speaks Italian, Yoshi speaks Japanese, Rosa speaks Spanish, and you can't even speak English!" He uses that last bit on Booker every week, but it gets me every time.

Oh, and Kaitlyn's weirdly-proportioned body made her look like an actual midget when she was talking to Big Show!

• Paid Members

It seems really weird to bring Orton back on the go-home show. I can see why they'd advertise him instead of going for the surprise pop on the night, because the Rumble is a touch light on star power on the Smackdown side, but they could've just announced him and saved him for the PPV. Maybe they've got some better surprises planned.

• Paid Members

It's a shame Henry can't stay healthy, but if it means we get a prolonged Daniel Bryan title run then I'm all for it. Having Bryan do the Flair, by getting his arsed kicked only to somehow retain his title, all the way to 'Mania will surely heat him up nicely. Plus, I think Orton v Bryan are capable of magic together, given they get the time (which they probably won't, given they'll be the 4th 'main event').

Yet another excellent Smackdown, Big Show just looks great out there at the moment. I hope Mark Henry isn't hurt badly, if he can get through the Steel Cage match tomorrow night I'd give him a rest until Wrestlemania if he needs it. Still have him on TV most weeks, but they need him in a big match at Wrestlemania if they can. I'd like to see Bryan Vs Show one on one with AJ turning face on Bryan at Wrestlemania, and Mark Henry taking Show's place in a match with Shaquille O'Neal. That way they wouldn't need Mark in a wrestling fashion to build up the match either.

• Paid Members
Decent SmackDown. The title scene is fantastic, which makes the general lacklustre show seem better. Bryan, Big Show and Henry are all on top form and spot on with their characters.

Pretty much my feelings too. Most of it was crap but the Bryan/Show/Henry stuff was so good, it left me feeling like I'd watched a good show.

Agree with you on the Orton stuff too but I would add that he looked great so it didn't harm him too much.

Big BC needs to do something else soon. They've established him well so far but 6 almost identical squashes is a bit much. I think him not being on both shows would help.

Archived