Who should be next to tour the UK

diamond_dust

When a new promotion announces it's first tour of the UK or its first supershow over here it normally ends up being one of the most anticipated shows of the year over here. With WWE, TNA, NOAH, Dragon Gate, ROH & this year NWE promotion thier own shows over here who would you like to see be the next to announce some UK dates. Who knows, maybe Mark or one of the other promoters on here might see something in this thread to set the wheels in motion.

Personally I'd like to see either New Japan or CMLL make the trip over. I'd lean more towards CMLL though as either way theres a possibility of Lyger coming over but add to that La Sombra, Ultimo Guerrero, Averno, Felino, Mr Niebla & Atlantis and you have a card I'd be paying for front row right on release day.

Failing those I'd also want to see SHIMMER make the overseas tour, maybe a co-promoted show with EVE as they have said many times they don't feel the need to tour as thier current model works very well financially.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New Japan by far.

THIS! A 1000 times this! New Japan and CMLL are the only two promotions left on my checklist of "promotions I need to see live" and I reckon New Japan are the more realistic possibility of the two. Somebody bring them over to England, please!

• Moderators

Whoever's in charge of the things like WrestleReunion I'd like to see other here. Fuck the Japanese wrestling or CZW, I want to watch one of those Battle royals with Koko B Ware, Terry Funk, Roddy Piper and Boris Zhukov in it. PWG and ROH aren't allowed to join in either. It should be run like the first 3 WrestleReunion cards.

Whoever's in charge of the things like WrestleReunion I'd like to see other here. Fuck the Japanese wrestling or CZW, I want to watch one of those Battle royals with Koko B Ware, Terry Funk, Roddy Piper and Boris Zhukov in it. PWG and ROH aren't allowed to join in either. It should be run like the first 3 WrestleReunion cards.

Bang on Butch, I'd pay out good money to see the likes of Martel and Santana square off one more time too.

• Paid Members

Out of the US indies, Chikara are the only one who offer anything particularly different, and could probably pack out somewhere like Broxbourne Civic Hall.

Wrestlereunion would be an interesting one. What size venue would you guys imagine them running? All Star type theatres? Cov Skydome? Bigger? Do you think TNA's successes over here have been down to nostalgia draws?

Archived