UFC Undisputed 3 Thread

ajmcstyles

• Paid Members
Good news on those DLC packs, ill be getting the FOTN one as soon as its out.

I've played quite a few games over the last few days on advanced difficulty. I fair pretty well aslong as I'm not fighting Rampage. He seems to have no problem smashing me with his hooks and is a right pain in the arse to beat.

Anyone else?

I have played Pride much more then UFC, just based on the fact that there is loads of spinning backfists and elbows and shit when you max the difficulty out and that does my head in. Rampage has that ducking left hook thing so if you throw upkicks or uppercuts you can catch him with it more often.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah I've played Pride a lot more aswell. Mainly just cos it's something new and also you only get 1 round on the demo so Pride's 10 minute first round gives you more time.

Like Stu, I find Rampage a bastard. I usually win but he gives me the most trouble out of the 4. His massive punching power combined with him seeming to be mega aggressive and non stop coming at you makes him a bit of a challenge. I find I have to time my attacks more carefully with him.

I like how the elbows look in UFC mode. They've re-done them and they look much better I think. I destroyed Anderson Silva with Jones' elbows from the mount last night. Looked like Jones/Hamill but without the 12 to 6 elbows.

Just had a quick go, but it looks a lot nicer. The striking seems to "flow" a lot better, its less stiff and robotic, but still not perfect. The whole game seems a lot more accessible, and I think its going to be a good thing. I had to fight my friends with an agreement on striking only because they just couldnt get the submission game down.

Just had a quick go, but it looks a lot nicer. The striking seems to "flow" a lot better, its less stiff and robotic, but still not perfect. The whole game seems a lot more accessible, and I think its going to be a good thing. I had to fight my friends with an agreement on striking only because they just couldnt get the submission game down.

Just keep trying it, it's not that difficult if your doing the submission stay on top of your opponents symbol is your in one avoid their symbol. You only have so long to do a submission and if your low on stamina or your submissions suck you won't have long to perform them

Just keep trying it, it's not that difficult if your doing the submission stay on top of your opponents symbol is your in one avoid their symbol. You only have so long to do a submission and if your low on stamina or your submissions suck you won't have long to perform them

sorry mate I meant to say in the last game!

anyone planned the career mode yet? sounds sweet to me, my only concern is that they've ditched the cut scenes for fighter testimonials of where your up to in your career which some say takes away from 'your journey' and makes it less immersive

I'm into the final year on my 1st career and I've really enjoyed it, it seems to move along a lot quicker than before although you still have to fuck about changing sponsors on your clothing going through menu's but not as much as before.

They've added video's into the career with little interviews and clips from real fighters talking about things like 1st pro fight, 1st title shot etc when you get to that stage which is a nice touch.

I really like the submission system on this one as well, it took a little while to get used to but at least I can escape subs this year as the last one was impossible for me when I fought anyone with decent submission skills.

anyone planned the career mode yet? sounds sweet to me, my only concern is that they've ditched the cut scenes for fighter testimonials of where your up to in your career which some say takes away from 'your journey' and makes it less immersive

I'm into the final year on my 1st career and I've really enjoyed it, it seems to move along a lot quicker than before although you still have to fuck about changing sponsors on your clothing going through menu's but not as much as before.

They've added video's into the career with little interviews and clips from real fighters talking about things like 1st pro fight, 1st title shot etc when you get to that stage which is a nice touch.

I really like the submission system on this one as well, it took a little while to get used to but at least I can escape subs this year as the last one was impossible for me when I fought anyone with decent submission skills.

How've you managhed to get it so early? it's not released untiul Friday is it?

I have a chipped 360 its been available to download for a week or so now

Came out last Tuesday (7th Feb) I believe on the usual sites. Whats bothered me is that THQ used a very old old anti-piracy method instead of the new one for this game they did the same with WWE 12'.

sorry mate I meant to say in the last game!

I had the submission game down in UFC 2009 I could make anyone tap out in seconds since me Submission Attack and Defence was at 100 and the same with UFC 2010 but the only submission I could get on the actual fight was an armbar after i got full mount and rock them leaving me for the armbar. during training games I could make the AI tap about 8 times leaving me 50 points every time and my submission levels we all level 3 for the ones I used (Omaplata and Heel Hook from standing and opponent down) but every time it was the Armbar that got me the win in fights. It was a odd game 2010.

Oh for people who think using the amateur controls will work all the time well unfortunatly it wont work according to that long video posted on here.. Using the simple controls leaves a nice big gap for your opponent to see when to counter the transition while in pro controls you can turn the stick so far (in the quarter circle) hold it and trick your opponent to when your going to transition. So they are hoping the user will learn to jump up to pro controls over time.

Got my copy for XBOX 360 through today, my brother pre-ordered it for me and had it delivered here as a late birthday gift and he 100% definately ordered the once containing the contenders pack however on the front of the box there doesn't seem to be any mention of it and I don't see any code on the manual...I'm reluctant to start playing it and activate the online code until I know it's the right copy incase they've fucked up and sent me the one without a contenders pack...anyone had any similar issue?

I have a chipped 360 its been available to download for a week or so now

Came out last Tuesday (7th Feb) I believe on the usual sites. Whats bothered me is that THQ used a very old old anti-piracy method instead of the new one for this game they did the same with WWE 12'.

Wouldn't matter either way. The new disk format has been cracked for months now. Microsoft will never be ahead of the modders on the 360.

Archived