UFC Undisputed 3 Thread

ajmcstyles

• Paid Members
The only issue I have with the game so far is WHY is Jon Jones has a stat rating of 95 while Anderson Silva has 93 bit of a slap in the face to the top "P4P"

Just guessing, but it may be that (in line with the career mode), Silva's stats might have been artificially dropped a little because he's older.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I've not played yet but I've heard good things about 'Sim' mode. Is it more 'real life' where you can take less damage and gas out quicker?

You deffo gas quicker. Throwing a lot of strikes decreases your stamina more so you have to be more selective and strategic with what you throw. I like it.

Just seen this schedule on the Undisputed 3 forums regarding post release DLC

ALL UNLOCKABLES

Spent all night playing the demo and fucking loved it. My friends won't see me for months when the full game comes out. :/

I didn't play 2010 so I don't know if it's all new or not, but I love the attention to detail with the fighter entrances and the post fight camera shots. And Pride Mode is orgasmic, it really is a game within a game, plays totally different to UFC Mode. Can't wait to use guys like Aldo with the ability to use stomps and soccer kicks. :D

• Paid Members

Played a few games last night and was surprised how easy it was, then I realised the default setting was 'Beginner'. :(

Knocked the difficulty up a few levels and am really enjoying it. I think the striking is much better than previous versions, not too fussed on the submission game yet though. The whole 'chase around the other colour' thing really is detached from the submission itself, I'll give it some more time.

Looking forward to the full game.

Edit - Apparently you can take the roster guys through career too. You can turn Melvin Guillard into a BJJ god :)

• Paid Members
not too fussed on the submission game yet though. The whole 'chase around the other colour' thing really is detached from the submission itself, I'll give it some more time.

Yeah I'm the same with that. I kind of like the idea but it looks shit with the big graphic on the screen everytime you go for a sub. I'll get used to it. It's gotta be better than the old spin the analogue until your hands bleed system.

not too fussed on the submission game yet though. The whole 'chase around the other colour' thing really is detached from the submission itself, I'll give it some more time.

Yeah I'm the same with that. I kind of like the idea but it looks shit with the big graphic on the screen everytime you go for a sub. I'll get used to it. It's gotta be better than the old spin the analogue until your hands bleed system.

The submission system is aimed more at beginners my misses who enjoys playing the odd game found it easy to pick up the new submission system. She also knows how the old ground game works but loves how the new system works. But dont you have to spin the stick like a mad man for a takedown?

• Paid Members

It does seem very basic and easy to understand but the whole thing seems so far removed from the actual submission it's weird. I liked how in the old games the camera would zoom in if you were close to finishing the sub, now the whole screen is blocked by that horrible looking mini game and it looks so unconnected to the fight. It's like having an impromptu game on 'Snake' on my old Nokia.

It does seem very basic and easy to understand but the whole thing seems so far removed from the actual submission it's weird. I liked how in the old games the camera would zoom in if you were close to finishing the sub, now the whole screen is blocked by that horrible looking mini game and it looks so unconnected to the fight. It's like having an impromptu game on 'Snake' on my old Nokia.

I know what you mean, but the whole experience is meant to be for new comers. The problem with the old UFC games is that you had a very high learning curve while this one there is a mild learning curve. If my misses can pick up this new system and she cant even play mario quite well right anyone can play this. Basically it they had to come up with something new which was not stealing ideas from the EA MMA game or their old games. I can think of a easier method which is fair to all. Button bashing could easily be cheated with turbo pads, the 2010 system was flawed and the CPU could submit you in a second yet having amazing submission defence, EA have the sweet spot system.

I always thought the submission system was absolute shite on the old UFC games.

I liked UFC 2009 cos it was button bashing and I'm quite good at button bashing but 2010 wasnt great and was extremely hard to pull off a submission on the computer and they seems to be able to beat you easily. I find this new system refreshing and pretty nice.

• Paid Members

The shine system wasn't great, but I don't think it was as hard to grasp as some people make out. Spin the stick in a more perfect and complete circle than your opponent. The closer the camera gets to the action, the closer the fight is to ending. Stamina and health are taken into account obviously.

This new mini game just looks out of place, but it's hard to really give it a full assessment with the demo.

• Paid Members

The DLC fighters have been posted on the Undisputed forum. $4.99 for each pack so only 2 or 3 quid for us.

Fight Of The Night Pack (coming March 2012)

-Joe Lauzon

-Rory MacDonald

-Charles Oliveira

-Sam Stout

-Anthony Johnson

International Pack (coming April 2012)

-Chan Sung Jung

-John Hathaway

-Pascal Kraus

-Kyle Noke

-Alessio Sakara

International Pack is a tad disappointing for me. I'd much rather have had Alexander Gustafsson and Edson Barboza over Noke and Kraus to be honest. Thought Jake Ellenberger might be in the FOTN pack aswell.

Still, I'm chuffed Korean Zombie, Rory MacDonald, Lauzon and Oliveira got in. Stout, Hathaway and Sakara are pleasant surprises aswell.

• Paid Members

The shine system wasn't great, but I don't think it was as hard to grasp as some people make out. Spin the stick in a more perfect and complete circle than your opponent. The closer the camera gets to the action, the closer the fight is to ending. Stamina and health are taken into account obviously.

This new mini game just looks out of place, but it's hard to really give it a full assessment with the demo.

Problem is the old shine system was not spin the stick in a perfect and complete circle, That never worked when you played somebody who would near blister there hand and just spin as fast as possible, I used the power method last time when you pushed the stick in.

I don't mind the new version its just so big. I loved the MMA joint submission where you had to apply pressure but not gas your self out.

• Paid Members

Good news on those DLC packs, ill be getting the FOTN one as soon as its out.

I've played quite a few games over the last few days on advanced difficulty. I fair pretty well aslong as I'm not fighting Rampage. He seems to have no problem smashing me with his hooks and is a right pain in the arse to beat.

Anyone else?

Archived