"He should have been world champion"

King Pitcos

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I always thought the British Bulldog should have been WWF Champion in the early '90s.

Instead of who?

well I always thought bret harts title win in 1992 was too early for him personally, not sure if davey boy was around then though. again it's unfortunate that mr perfect wasn't around when flair dropped the title, because I think he would have been the "pefect" fit. Plus that's the only time I think the belt could have worked on him.

Test: Instead of Big Show at Survivor Series 99, Test was involved with the McMahons (engaged to steph) and HHH was about to steal his bride etc so him being in the 3way would've made sense and he could of dropped the belt to trips like show did in early Jan 2000, and he would've been better of for a feud with trips and a title match/win over a big name like hhh at Armageddon could've made a new headliner.

Big Show can still have his awful feud with Bossman (including show riding the coffin and him being a bastard cos his mama said so)

I always had a soft spot for Test but he never recovered after the Steph thing and not getting any revenge on HHH or storyline involving dx after it, a shame and a waste really.

Chris Jericho: when he beat HHH on Raw in May 2000 showed the crowd could have gotten behind him but I guess The Faction/Regime vs The Rock feud was a great story and couldnt be derailed at the time.

Or stick in the 3way at Series 99 instead of Show, with HBK gone I think they could've used a 'pretty boy' main eventer but it wasnt to be.

Some with say jericho was/will never be a main eventer but I think it was a little to late when be did win the big one.

Maybe not the world title but I think Ted Diabiase would have been a far better candidate to have beaten Bret for the IC belt. It was shocking for the Mountie to have been the one to take the title 103 temperature and not medically cleared or not. Diabiase wasn't doing anything really the feud with Virgil was pretty much done after he got the million dollar belt repossessed. He still could have been beaten by Piper in much the same way. Would have been a nice little end to his singles career before money inc.

Maybe not the world title but I think Ted Diabiase would of been a far better candidate to of beaten Bret for the IC belt. It was shocking for the Mountie to have been the one to take the title 103 temperature and not medically cleared or not. Diabiase wasn't doing anything really the feud with Virgil was pretty much done after he got the million dollar belt repossessed. He still could of been beaten by Piper in much the same way. Would of been a nice little end to his singles career before money inc.

Sort it out FFS.

Test: Instead of Big Show at Survivor Series 99, Test was involved with the McMahons (engaged to steph) and HHH was about to steal his bride etc so him being in the 3way would've made sense and he could of dropped the belt to trips like show did in early Jan 2000, and he would've been better of for a feud with trips and a title match/win over a big name like hhh at Armageddon could've made a new headliner.

Big Show can still have his awful feud with Bossman (including show riding the coffin and him being a bastard cos his mama said so)

I always had a soft spot for Test but he never recovered after the Steph thing and not getting any revenge on HHH or storyline involving dx after it, a shame and a waste really.

Great post! This is the sort of thing I'm after -- instead of people just going "so-and-so should've won the belt in the 90s" or some such shit, you've gone with a feasible option for how, when and why it could've happened.

Chris Jericho: when he beat HHH on Raw in May 2000 showed the crowd could have gotten behind him but I guess The Faction/Regime vs The Rock feud was a great story and couldnt be derailed at the time.

Or stick in the 3way at Series 99 instead of Show, with HBK gone I think they could've used a 'pretty boy' main eventer but it wasnt to be.

Some with say jericho was/will never be a main eventer but I think it was a little to late when be did win the big one.

It's weird reading that last bit, as he'd only been in the WWF less than two and a half years when he won the big one. Cena and Batista took longer than that. I can kind of see what you mean though, by the end of 2001, Jericho seemed like a guy who had already been proven to not be at that top level and it was almost like a token win.

Barry Windham 1991 - Should of won the WCW belt against Luger and stayed heel, with Sting persuing him after He has dealt with Rude, whilst Bazza could of had potentially great world title matches/feuds with guys like Pillman, Steamboat and even Dustin.

owen hart at end of 97/start of 98 then hbk could have won it back before WM for hbk vs austin.

hassan if he had stayed.

Owen was long past the stage of being world Champion material by that point. If they really did want to give Owen the belt at some point, the only feasible opportunity imo would have been to put him in Bob Backlunds spot at Survivor Series 94, to let him have it for a few days.

Archived