William Regal

PSF

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

48 episodes?! What the fuck for?! That's absolutely mental, I genuinely didn't know it was the same bloody season. I vaguely knew something to do with NXT was still going, but fucking hell.

48 episodes?! What the fuck for?! That's absolutely mental, I genuinely didn't know it was the same bloody season. I vaguely knew something to do with NXT was still going, but fucking hell.

Because they haven't got enough people coming up to do new seasons, and they never did anything with most of the people from previous ones (including the winners of most of them), so it was pointless to keep running it as they were. They don't even bother with the contest anymore, it's just where the wrestlers who have nothing else to do wrestle. The Usos, JTG, Tyson Kidd, Trent Baretta etc are all regulars on NXT. It's like Superstars, but with storylines. Or like ECW, but much less important.

• Paid Members

I haven't watched it in ages, but that sounds fine to me. Definitely needed a change from the contest format. I'd just keep it like that til it gets cancelled, it's perfectly fine for getting guys ready for Raw or Smackdown.

With Regal I'd have him manage someone or even a few folk, on NXT he talks about guys not going to veterns for advice some lacking drive and passion,

I think its known hes a fan of FCW Dean Ambrose so I get Regal to bring him in, have regal talk about how today's wrestlers spend more time on there hair and spray tan than honing there craft but has found someone that just wants to torture people and hes a miserable bastard like me (regal).

Hes been putting over Reks and Hawkins aswell so give him a team to get over aswell.

It got cancelled ages ago, halfway through the women season, I think.

So it's not even on tv? Is it an internet show like Heat used to be?

I like the idea that they've just dropped the competition storyline, then in 2 or 3 years someone can claim to have "won" NXT and nobody will know what he's talking about.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure if they are even aware that it's still on - it's like it's being illicitly recorded after the ring is set up, whilst the crew is out getting coffee. Through an accounting quirk, the guys on the show are still collecting cheques, and they film the show in order to show Vince that they are working, and hope he doesn't notice.

"No, look... we were in the ring... it was last Monday."

• Moderators
I think its known hes a fan of FCW Dean Ambrose so I get Regal to bring him in, have regal talk about how today's wrestlers spend more time on there hair and spray tan than honing there craft but has found someone that just wants to torture people and hes a miserable bastard like me (regal).

HHH has said to the writers not even to consider bringing up Dean Ambrose until they have a real solid 6 month plan for him. That'll stand him in far better stead than just chucking him out with a manager.

Regal is excelling on commentary on NXT and FCW(again) he makes those shows bearable. Sometimes he reminds me of Alfred Hayes, in a good way. This is where he would be best placed at this stage of his career on commentary. He could excel there, as a colour man. I guessed the idea was to train him up to take Lawlers place. Him winning the belt is not possible and would have very little meaning really.

• Paid Members
Regal is excelling on commentary on NXT

"Now that Derrick Bateman is back with Maxine, she told him one of her passions is fighting poverty, so last night he went out and punched a homeless man."

Brilliant. However, I hope the endless Smiths song titles in one nonsensical run-on sentence he did later in this week's show was a rib on Striker for when he used to drop one or two in to every Regal match on ECW, rather than thinking it was hilarious in and of itself.

HHH has said to the writers not even to consider bringing up Dean Ambrose until they have a real solid 6 month plan for him. That'll stand him in far better stead than just chucking him out with a manager.

Surely that should be the case for every single new talent that they bring up? The fact that it isn't the case is rather damning of the call-up process. Unless the plan is simply "oh this one doesn't matter, he's just going to be a jobber" every single talent should be brought up with a great game-plan for getting over.

Where did you hear this, by the way?

It's been mentioned on Observer Radio a few times over the past few months. Not so much recently, but around new year quite a bit.

Cool, cheers. I tend to grab the occasional WO radio (or Figure4Online or whatever it is) after important (or really, really bad) RAWs/PPVs but I'm not a regular.

Archived