Will a WWE PPV in UK soon be possible?

Mark Sennett

WWE seemingly rule out holding a PPV in the UK due to worries that it not being live in the US would hurt buy rates. But if the plan is to air all PPVs bar the big four on the WWE Network will this no longer be a problem. US viewers will buy the network so they can view all the supershows so why would it matter if one was a pre-record, which took place hours earlier? They won't have to worry about buy rates so why not bring a PPV here once a year in a huge stadium like the millenium stadium. Ticket revenue would be huge despite it no being one of the big four.

I think it would be a shrewd move by WWE to capitalise on the passion of the UK fans. What do others think am i jus dreaming or is it a possibility?

There will not be a PPV over here because the US is there target audience. I imagine WWE would find the idea of a pre-recorded PPV tacky as well.

You're probably right but it would only be pre-recorded by a few hours unlike smackdown, which is days. I appreciate the US is the target audience but if buy rates are no longer relevant surely people who subscribe to the network would tune in even if the event was taped a few hours earlier?

In this day and age with all the dirt sheets as well a pre-recorded pay per view will kill any momentum if there was to be title changes or anything. Not going to happen, as discussed on Wrestle Talk TV kinda, the best thing for either TNA or WWE to do right now would be like what TNA are doing in India and try set up a side project of their own company in the UK which gets exposure for their undercard wrestlers and british wrestlers if anything.

• Paid Members

If and when the "B show PPVs" really are exclusive to the network, I can't see any reason not to do one over here -- it would be no different to taping Raw in the UK, or taping Tribute to the Troops days in advance.

However, the plan appears to be that even once the B shows are on WWE Network, they'll stay on PPV as well for a good long time until (if ever) the network gets a decent nationwide availability.

Archived