Wrestling Themes In Other Media

notricorodriguez

Crash Holly's old theme used to always be on adverts on Challenge TV around 2005/6 time.

I'm sure I've heard that (and the hardy boys theme) in the ten minute freeview on Red Hot Wives and it gets used on the film: Dodgeball too

Marvelous Marc Mero's theme turned up in the ok (for the time) straight to video action film Drive

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scorpion King 2 has Hardcore Holly's song as the menu song I think?

EDIT: May be mistaken but I think it's Crash Holly's?

They both used it for a bit, Crash continued using it until he went with Matt Hardy and Shannon Moore on Smackdown in late 2002, and Bob Holly started using different variations of the Johnston made theme "How Do You Like Me Now?" from the June 25th 2000 Heat up until he was future endeavored 8 years later.

• Paid Members

Kurt Angle's old WWF theme "Medal" used to get heard a lot when Sky showed a live match at St. James Park. I'm sure they ran onto the pitch with the theme.

I'm also quite sure Booker T's "Rap Sheet" theme was used in the old TVX Freeviews around the late nineties. I remember it being quite cool how they managed to splice together all the romping for that particular tune. Good editing there.

• Paid Members
Snooker player Martin Gould and Darts player Mervin King have both used 'Bow Down to the King' by Motorhead as their entrance/walk on music.

Darts player 'The Game' Steve Douglas uses Motorhead's 'The Game' as his entrance theme.

Snooker and darts players have entrance music?

Kurt Angle's old WWF theme "Medal" used to get heard a lot when Sky showed a live match at St. James Park. I'm sure they ran onto the pitch with the theme.

I think it was their second-half runout tune. I think a few of their players at the time were wrestling fans - Dyer certainly was, and Bramble and Jenas went with him to one of the WWE shows at the Newcastle Arena, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Archived