The WWE Discussion Thread

A Screen Up

The only person on the roster that I would see as a viable threat to the streak now is John Cena.

Absolutely. There is no two ways about it.

Agreed. I wanted The Undertaker's 20th opponent at WrestleMania to be John Cena when The Undertaker went for 20-0 but it's not happening. For that reason I wish we were getting The Undertaker vs. John Cena at WrestleMania XXVIII instead of John Cena vs. The Rock at WrestleMania XXVIII and I'm a fan of The Rock.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely booking Rock vs Cena now is a good idea. Who knows when Rocky decides its enough for now? You can do Cena vs Taker next year and it'll be just as big. Mabye Cena even turned heel between now and then.

I can see Cena vs Taker being at next years mania. Taker will beat HHH again this year to go 20-0. Then Cena will beat him next year to end his career 20-1. Thats in my head anyways.

I can see Cena vs Taker being at next years mania. Taker will beat HHH again this year to go 20-0. Then Cena will beat him next year to end his career 20-1. Thats in my head anyways.

I firmly believe that The Undertaker will not have his streak ended. However, the only niggling doubt I have is that he will make it to 20-0, then have Cena go over him making it 20-1. After Taker's retirement following this loss, WWE will forever say that he had a "20-0" streak at Wrestlemania.

I will add to this that for the past two or three years I have been adamant that it will be 'Taker/Cena at Wrestlemania 30. WM30, in my estimation, will be Vince's big blow off event. Taker will go over whoever it may be at this year's event, skip next year's Wrestlemania and then face Cena at Wrestlemania 30 in his retirement match.

I firmly believe that The Undertaker will not have his streak ended. However, the only niggling doubt I have is that he will make it to 20-0, then have Cena go over him making it 20-1. After Taker's retirement following this loss, WWE will forever say that he had a "20-0" streak at Wrestlemania.

I will add to this that for the past two or three years I have been adamant that it will be 'Taker/Cena at Wrestlemania 30. WM30, in my estimation, will be Vince's big blow off event. Taker will go over whoever it may be at this year's event, skip next year's Wrestlemania and then face Cena at Wrestlemania 30 in his retirement match.

That would be a cool send off for Taker. I can just see next years one being Takers Career (and Streak) vs Cenas Title (bound to happen). And with him only doing 1 to 2 matches a year they wont put the belt on Taker again.

• Paid Members

Lesnar making a possible return could put a Taker vs Cena match in doubt. Has Taker got 3 more matches in him?

On another note, a mate of mine is convinced next year's 'Mania is in the MetLife stadium in New Jersey (the NY Giants and NY Jets play their home games there, and it's a relatively new stadium) and I just can't see it. Why would WWE host an outdoor show in March with a good chance of the weather being shit. He thinks this is a done deal, has anyone heard anything about it? As I haven't noticed anything about it. If it was true I would imagine it would hamper them doing Mania XXX in New York again.

I will be extremely surprised if anybody outside of Vince and a few others know which venue will be hosting next year's Wrestlemania.

I do think that Undertaker has another three matches left in him on his schedule. However, I still maintain what I said a couple of posts up. If Lesnar were to return there would be no need to jeopardise a potential Cena/'Taker Wrestlemania match anyway.

I will be extremely surprised if anybody outside of Vince and a few others know which venue will be hosting next year's Wrestlemania.

I do think that Undertaker has another three matches left in him on his schedule. However, I still maintain what I said a couple of posts up. If Lesnar were to return there would be no need to jeopardise a potential Cena/'Taker Wrestlemania match anyway.

Dude can you change your sig? I'm trying to read this at work with people walking behind me, I dont want them seeing a half naked muscular man! And its shite.

• Paid Members

I've also heard that Wrestlemania XXIX is to be held at the MetLife Stadium, I'm pretty sure it was WZ that "confirmed" it. On the stadiums wikipedia page (granted, not the most reliable source) Wrestlemania XXIX is listed as a tenant.

• Paid Members

I was assuming the same, if it had been leaked I was sure I'd have read it somewhere. I can't remember if Miami was announced earlier than 1 year in advance, but Orlando and Phoenix were both announced around Jan-Feb of the year before, so before I dismissed him saying this I thought I'd ask some other people.

Edit:

I could see why MetLife would have pushed for it as I think they have the SuperBowl in 2014, and having Mania next year would keep bringing in more revenue, but to me it's silly. An outdoor wrestling show in New York at that time of year is too unpredictable.

Rock vs Cena will be interesting but for the match to be successful there needs to be a clean winner at the end.

200px-CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

The finish to Rock vs Cena match needs to be won via pinfall with no interference, any other type of finish would destroy the credibility of the match.

Archived