The WWE Discussion Thread

A Screen Up

Vickie Guerrero's over exposed enough as it is. If she was the Smackdown GM she'd be unbearable. Vickie was a good heel in 2008. What does she add in 2012? She's done everything on the show, she doesnt get her charge over, she's never on PPV so isn't a money drawing act, she doesn't sell merch and they cant even do fat jokes anymore. She yesterdays news in my opinion. I'm sick to death of her. She's like Karen Angle was in 2007.

Sorry, Ian, I can't agree here either. The term 'overexposed' is a strong one to use in today's wrestling climate, when you have countless other performers on the shows who have had much more time in the limelight and for a much longer period. I'm not talking about the likes of John Cena here.

She doesn't need to be on PPVs or sell merchandise. That's not the role of a general manager on a wrestling show. Their job is simply to advance the episodic television show and fire the crowd up.

Ironically, she would probably have less exposure if she were to be the Smackdown GM than she has now. If she were to be used conservatively then in my opinion she would be a success in the role. Certainly more than Teddy Long is.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Meltzer was on about this on his audio show, apparently WWE are worried they don't have enough spots to fit wrestlers like R-Truth in, so they'll do a multi-man match.

The past two Money In The Bank PPVs have been the best PPVs WWE have ever produced. They, however, don't really draw as well as hoped (although, in hindsight, last years was a very good number for a B show these days).

I wouldn't shell out money to see who ends the month as champion. Bragging Rights right after Survivor Series is stupid on a lot of levels. It's another team-orientated PPV right after Survivor Series and obviously the Smackdown and Raw split means next to nothing. The schedule was congested with Night of Champions then Vengeance then Hell In A Cell. Moving Vengeance to December would space things out more.

I'm all for the Money In The Bank PPV being removed. I really liked last year's PPV but it was mostly because of the Punk/Cena build. It was a good PPV but I'd prefer it at Wrestlemania.

I wouldn't shell out money to see who ends the month as champion.

I meant the end of the year mate, or starting the new year as champion, I've always thought of it as a big thing to start the year as champ.

I was going to post this in the Raw thread but seeing as though talk of commentators has already taken place in here and that I feel it is a more general opinion relating to WWE I thought I would post it in here.

After Regal's performance behind the announce desk last night I think that he could be the perfect guy to replace King. He's witty, knowledgeable, entertaining to listen to and is one of the few people who could keep up with Cole.

Bringing back Jim Ross and getting rid of Cole would be more preferable.

EXPLAIN HOW... please.

Simple make Cole a manager, put Jim Ross back on commentary.

At the risk of biting the proverbial bait, what a stupid suggestion. JR, God love him, has had his day. Him and Lawler are a duo a decade AT LEAST past their time.

A Regal and Cole announce team would be fantastic.

Bringing back Jim Ross and getting rid of Cole would be more preferable.

EXPLAIN HOW... please.

Simple make Cole a manager, put Jim Ross back on commentary.

At the risk of biting the proverbial bait, what a stupid suggestion. JR, God love him, has had his day. Him and Lawler are a duo a decade AT LEAST past their time.

A Regal and Cole announce team would be fantastic.

If that is your opinion I have no problem with that however let me ask you a question.

What makes a good commentary team ?

Archived