Extreme Reunion

Forrest

Shane Douglas (who else?) has announced an "Extreme Reunion" event featuring various ECW talents for the 28th of April. New Jack and Mustafa've been announced, as have a few others I can't be bothered trying to remember.

Details can be found at:

http://www.extremereunion.net

I have to say, Lance Storm's got the right idea about this whole ECW reunion market. One Night Stand 05 was the perfect closure. It was a great event, universally praised, and everyone got to shed their tears, mark out and say goodbye. But then we Hardcore Homecoming, ONS 06(which admittedly I liked), ECW on SciFi, ONS 07, ONS 08, Extreme Rules, the Hardcore Homecoming Tour, Legends of the Arena, "the Final Chairshot", To The Extreme, Hardcore Justice and now this? I find it quite sad that guys like Sabu have to keep clinging on to past glories and keep killing themselves for diminshed crowds, simply because they need the payday. The main exception to this is Sandman who's minted from his construction company and doesn't need the money, simply doing these gigs for the fun of it.

I wouldn't mind so much if they just did a yearly tribute to ECW in a set place on a set weekend as a bit of fun, but Shane Douglas has said that he plans to make this a full-time thing and that this is just the beginning. He's tried this twice before with Hardcore Homecoming and 2009 and it didn't work then, so why would it work now? Anyway, grumble/mark out at will.

Have they ever promoted an ECW tribute show in the UK?

If not then that might be something to consider for them. I know the majority of hardcore (no pun intended) UK fans will have seen most of the old ECW performers over the years but a legitimate tribute show may do well.

*Arm chair promoter.

FRIDAY NIGHT SHOW: - ECW versus UK show: Former ECW talent taking on the best of the UK scene.

Q&A, etc.

SATURDAY NIGHT SHOW: - ECW Tribute Show.

Post-show. Hire out a bar and charge fans tickets to join the ECDubbers. There are enough fans here who would pay to join the ECW crew getting smashed in a bar.

I always think its telling that most of the resurrections of ECW are by guys like Shane Douglas whos time is over rather than Paul Heyman or someone like Bully Ray . Personally I refuse to watch any ECW reunion thats not ONS 2005 because I think it was the perfect ending to the legacy. Also I think these shows always demonstrate how much of an influencel Heyman was, as 9/10 of the ECW guys were decent wrestlers made to look great by clever booking, which shows up in these reunions.

• Paid Members

Wasn't one of the main points of ECW that it was new, fresh and different. Re-treading what was new, fresh and different when that was a big chunk of the appeal with names who are well past the prime is hanging on nostalgia. I like nostalgia but shit like this has been done to death and so many of the names have moved on, got old or got dead.

I enjoyed the TNA one the other year, but part of that was laughing at Balls name and new "bad aids" look and the general vibe of nostalgia that was there but that really was the end of the run after it all started in 2005.

Still it might bring about some new pics of Shane Douglas looking like Onslow, and if Douglas is booking we could be back to the giddy heights of his time with clout in XPW which we can all look forward to.

• Paid Members
1PW did an ECW tribute show called "To The Extreme" which I literally found out about last night.

It was an all right show, some really good matches some not so hot but over all good fun. Nova was very good I recall and Kash was unbelievable, I've never seen anything like it on a UK show.

Archived