There's the door, mate

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
In reply to the OP, I think Ax not gelling his hair at SS90 was his own thing, I think he was pissed off about being let go, pissed off with Darsow for staying.

They were heading to WCW, according to Eadie, but Darsow changed his mind and the whole thing fell apart. I wonder what would have happened in Atlanta for them.

WHAT!? Never knew that. Was Eadie not well past it by this point anyway?

I'm wondering that myself. I've always read that Ax had heart problems which is why they brought Crush in. I don't know how well they would've got over in WCW without the names and facepaint anyway.

I'd heard about the heart problems at the time but its in the RF video shoot. Where Eadie confronts Darsow about feeling betrayed that he decided to stay in the WWF. Demolition in WCW would have been great rather than the mediocre repo man.

Don't you dare ever diss the Repo Man. Barry Darsow fucking fit that role brilliantly.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about Sid Vicious when he first left WCW? I'm going from memory here but I think it was at one of the Superbrawl shows? It was a stretcher match that went about 2 minutes. After doing the job, instead of riding the stretcher he just got up and walked to the back.

That was against El Gigante: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZGczoOBASc

Loser had to leave on a stretcher, as opposed to the usual Stretcher Match stips. Obviously Sid couldn't be arsed, but then he WAS in there with El Gigante.

There's a school of thought that suggests he kicked out of the legdrop at Wrestlemania 8 because he'd failed a drugs test and was on his way out, so didn't give a fuck if he killed Hogan's finisher or not. I'm not so sure; more likely he rushed an improvisation because Shango blew the finish, but who really knows with Sid?

• Paid Members
What about Sid Vicious when he first left WCW? I'm going from memory here but I think it was at one of the Superbrawl shows? It was a stretcher match that went about 2 minutes. After doing the job, instead of riding the stretcher he just got up and walked to the back.

That was against El Gigante: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZGczoOBASc

Loser had to leave on a stretcher, as opposed to the usual Stretcher Match stips. Obviously Sid couldn't be arsed, but then he WAS in there with El Gigante.

There's a school of thought that suggests he kicked out of the legdrop at Wrestlemania 8 because he'd failed a drugs test and was on his way out, so didn't give a fuck if he killed Hogan's finisher or not. I'm not so sure; more likely he rushed an improvisation because Shango blew the finish, but who really knows with Sid?

Sid worked tapings after Wrestlemania 8. Shango fucked up is the proper story.

Archived