Will PAC ever make it to WWE?.

danchilton

I haven't logged in here in ages but I just have to say I am almost near the end of the podcast and I can't help but feel that is one of the most honest podcasts I've heard in ages and I think some people are being a bit harsh.

I think the juxtaposition of his amazing in-ring skill and his doubts and insecurities is a very interesting thing and personally, and as Colt said, he probably draws you in even more knowing that he is human. I've worked with a fair few celebs and almost all of them get nervous backstage and has doubts yet manages to perform so PAC is not on his own.

However, PAC on the back of the interview has gone away and joined Twitter which I'm certain will help him grow in confidence and I would put money on it that he is working on expressing himself on the mic every day.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He can wrestle your standard match as well as a 'spotfest' style. I've not seen him vs. Danielson yet. Was it good? I've known of him for years so it's still pretty odd seeing him in magazines and posters.

Evan Bourne adapted to the WWE style well and I think Pac would as well. I hear Pac was perceived as arrogant at first. It wouldn't surprise me as people use arrogance to cover insecurities.

EDIT: I can empathise with him feeling nervous. Watching wrestling, it still amazes me how wrestlers can work such fast paced matches and with so many sequences or matches that last long. My memory is awful so I'd shit myself before in case I forgot the sequences.

He can wrestle your standard match as well as a 'spotfest' style. I've not seen him vs. Danielson yet. Was it good? I've known of him for years so it's still pretty odd seeing him in magazines and posters.

Evan Bourne adapted to the WWE style well and I think Pac would as well. I hear Pac was perceived as arrogant at first. It wouldn't surprise me as people use arrogance to cover insecurities.

EDIT: I can empathise with him feeling nervous. Watching wrestling, it still amazes me how wrestlers can work such fast paced matches and with so many sequences or matches that last long. My memory is awful so I'd shit myself before in case I forgot the sequences.

Yeah that ended up going great, spending the majority of his time as a jobber and ending up a locker room outcast. Why wouldn't Pac be influenced by such an inspiring rags to riches tale?

• Paid Members

PAC/Danielson was blinding, imho - it really showed how far PAC had come, in terms of being able to put together a good WRESTLING match.

Even so, it's hardly a success story. Bourne's the only one I can think of to come from the independent scene wrestling a cruiserweight style, how has his career in the WWE gone? A million matches against Jack Swagger and a tag team run with Kofi Kingston.

• Paid Members
He'll have made more in merchandise sales alone by working for WWE than he would have earned flipping himself into a wheelchair on the indys.

He's not Stone Cold or anything. The likes of Evan Bourne arent getting a massive cut on merchandise. It was different back in the days of midcard acts like Edge and Christians, Hardys and RVDs filling arenas with their t-shirts. Someone like Evan Bourne isn't setting the gimmick table on fire. Unless your high on a PPV card and your merchandise is selling by the shit load, you arent making much money in WWE these days, by all accounts. And the donkey just pissed away a Royal Rumble and WrestleMania pay off and will probably be fired. He'll probably be back on the independents soon as well. All that grinning didn't help. He's one of the blandest bloke's thats come about in a while.

I would be very interested to see the exact figures that wrestlers earned through royalties. Just because WWE don't sell as many pay-per-views each month or have as many people tuning in to see Raw as it used to doesn't mean that business is struggling; they're making more and more money each year.

They are still putting on house shows night in, night out and I would be very surprised if even the lower card talents weren't making a tidy sum through their likenesses being sold on t-shirts and allowed on the video games.

If there were any way of proving it, I would put money on the lower level WWE talent earning a lot more than the top North American indy talent do.

Archived