Teaching your kids computer games

Richie Freebird

Number Builder and Number Chaser on the C16(+4)

Number Builder is a Chuckie Egg/Donkey Kong type of game that requires kids to think of numbers whilst playing its educational and fun, Seriously its a good game

Number Chaser is more of the same, but a racing game and for its time is also excellent, given the young ages of the kids, worth a shot, even if emued?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't remember how young she was - again, probably 3 or 4 - but me and my daughter got more than our moneys worth out of Smackdown!2. Somewhere there is still a memory card with CAWs for two of the Tweenies and David Dickinson.

So you gave them the idea...

• Paid Members

Dyllan can play Street fighter and Mortal Combat, stick him infront of any racing game too he figures them out in seconds. For an autistic kid who was only 3 in September he's pretty good at it too. Sod the Cbeebies website.

Dyllan can play Street fighter and Mortal Combat, stick him infront of any racing game too he figures them out in seconds. For an autistic kid who was only 3 in September he's pretty good at it too. Sod the Cbeebies website.

Fantastic stuff! :)

Which versions are we talking and on what systems?

I had, and still have, Maths Grand Prix. We only had 3 Atari games, that, pac man and spider man which was great fun but hard as hell as a child.

Spiderman is pretty good, but the other two are a fairly poor do. That Pac Man port on the 2600 is pretty dreadful in comparison to almost every other version. It was actually a prototype of the game that they just whapped out for Christmas, before it was even finished (sorry if you know all this).

postman pat dies if he doesn't have a cup of tea every 2 and a half minutes.

That is one of the best things I

• Paid Members

*Call's the social*

He loves it, I'm trying to steer him away from graphic games but he's just not as interested :/ Also don't have a lot of money to keep buying games that he might or might not like. He's a picky old scroat.

Street fighter he plays on my iPhone, along with Rage, Mortal Kombat he plays on the PS3.

• Paid Members
I had, and still have, Maths Grand Prix. We only had 3 Atari games, that, pac man and spider man which was great fun but hard as hell as a child.

Spiderman is pretty good, but the other two are a fairly poor do. That Pac Man port on the 2600 is pretty dreadful in comparison to almost every other version. It was actually a prototype of the game that they just whapped out for Christmas, before it was even finished (sorry if you know all this).

I didn't, and it's quite interesting so many thanks. As a child I was amazed at having a computer, it seemed an wonderful novelty to play it every now and then. I doubt I even really knew there were other computers on the market until I went around a mates and he had a megadrive. This then led to a request for one of these new ones, where I got a snes with Super Mario World and Road Runner, which was hard as fucking hell for some reason.

Yeah, Pac Man and ET on the 2600 were the two highest profile games to be met with such disgust from the literally millions who bought them (and in a lot of cases bought the console just for those games) that the whole games market in the US pretty much collapsed for the duration of 1983. There wasn

I was playing Sensible Soccer on the Amiga 1200 from age 3. I must have been playing Mortal Kombat from about age 4. The menu music shit me up and I'd end up crying. Once I got past that, I'd play it. I remember Flashback a little, Syndicate and Cannon Fodder. I was shit at most of those games. Monkey Island too.

It's mad how much those memories have stuck with me from such a young age...Nigel Mansell's Racing too...Brutal Football...and the anti-piracy charts where you had to match symbols up...fuck, a load of memories! The first story game I felt like I could really give a go was Final Fantasy VII when I was 7 which I was in awe of. I couldn't beat the first boss but luckily there were instructions in the back of the manual and, from then on, I got the gist. If I ever have kids, they'll be playing Zelda games from about age 7.

Archived