The UKFF Bucket List

Steve Justice

Pretty simple really. No scenario, only that we're all going to die at some point so list those things that you want to see/do before your time is up. Include those that you've already managed to achieve. Your list can be as long as you want.

Already done:-

1. Became a wrestler. Not to the extent that I envisaged as a child, but still. And despite not being into wrestling at all anymore, I'm still pretty proud of this. I did the best I could with my limited athletic prowess and I had a great time along the way.

2. Went to New York. I actually killed two birds with one stone here because I went to see WMXX whilst I was there. Loved it so much that I went back 3 months later and took my son for his 7th birthday.

To do:

3. Travel across America. Me and the missus have been talking about this for some time. My lad is nearly all grown up so it's almost a reality, and it means I can go back to NY. Just need the funds and the time off to do it.

4. Learn to fly. I'm currently learning to drive (at the tender age of 31), but that's more out of necessity. I want to learn how to fly because it can open up so many avenues, and it's a pretty cool thing to do.

5. Learn another language. Particularly Spanish. No real reason other than I like the language and the accent. Obviously it comes in handy too, and again can open up certain avenues.

6. Live long enough to become a Great-Grandfather. I had the snip nearly a year ago, we only have one child and we are happy and content with that. But it doesn't stop us from being broody from time to time. We're both looking forward to becoming grand-parents, but it would be nice to live long enough to see any potential great-grandchildren.

7. Travel into space. All being well I've got another 50 odd years left, and we've already gone quite far in terms of space travel/exploration in the last 50 years so this is a possibility.

8. Retire early and comfortably. I don't dislike work, it keeps me occupied. But there's other things I could be getting on with. I'd like to retire before I'm 60 and have enough money to keep me going without having to scrimp and scrape.

To see:

9. I suppose 'see' is the wrong term here, but the existence of life on other planets is something that interests me greatly. I'm more of a believer of this than any religion or afterlife, so I don't think I will ever find out if there is other than it being discovered whilst I'm still alive.

10. To see my son grow up happy and successful no matter what he does.

• Paid Members

I made a list of things to do before I'm 40 which swiftly turned into a bucket list because there was so much stuff on there. With all the travelling still to do there's no way I'd get it all done before 40 so I had to lengthen the time period. I've only managed to tick off 1 thing in almost 2 years but then that's because I've been lucky enough to do lots of the more common things that would've been on my list years ago, i.e. swim on the Great Barrier Reed, see the Pyramids, etc. So now my list is rather obscure and contains 44 things I'd like to do before I die. I think it's more like an Amazon wishlist that I just add to when I think "Oh yeah, I want to do that!" to remind me when I win the lottery... :rolleyes:

I won't post the whole thing but the more "entertaining" ones would be:

4. Build an igloo

12. Be in a Hollywood film

17. Learn to tap dance

21. Spend the day on a real ranch

22. Be a ninja for the day

30. Wave the chequered flag at the end of an F1 race

32. Go into a packed bar and shout "The drinks are on me!" [might coincide with the lottery win]

39. Drive a tank

44. Go to Pripyat

Also...

I intend to be fit enough to enter a marathon before I die, and also to visit Japan.

I've done two marathons and the level of fitness is partial. You have to be 'in good health' to do a marathon but I swear it's all about stamina. If you have the go in you then you'll get to the end regardless. I'm in no way fit and although they were both walking marathons so probably took 3 times as long to walk as a running marathon, I managed it. If I can do it anyone can! :)

• Paid Members

Can't think up an actual list, but one thing I've always wanted to do was score a goal at Carrow Road. During the summer they have charity games between companies or something along those lines, so I'd love to sneak in on one and score before proceeding to go absolutely bloody mental in front of the empty stands. A frien of mine has actually played at Old Trafford in a similar scenario and he actually scored, the tosser.

I saw this thread when you first posted it Steve, and I have as yet to think of anything to put on my lst. There's plenty of things I'd like to do, but nothing I feel like I have to do springs to mind. That's a bit depressing really, isn't it?

Not at all. Nothing in my list is anything I 'have' to do, but I would certainly like to. Some are more important than others obviously. I don't think a bucket list should comprise of something you have to do before you die because you're setting yourself up to fail. That's more depressing.

I honestly thought this thread would garner more interest. Has everyone done everything they want to do before they die or is it difficult to think of something? I hope I haven't depressed everyone.

Can't think up an actual list, but one thing I've always wanted to do was score a goal at Carrow Road. During the summer they have charity games between companies or something along those lines, so I'd love to sneak in on one and score before proceeding to go absolutely bloody mental in front of the empty stands. A frien of mine has actually played at Old Trafford in a similar scenario and he actually scored, the tosser.

I played a game at Carrow Road and the ball rolled onto the goal line pretty much. I stood looking at it before someone cleared it. I still wake up in cold sweats at night re-living it.

We did win though. And I was 12 at the time, so it weren't an 11-a-side. And me and my mate were both calamtious which led to a girl scoring past us. My mate scored and lifted his top to reveal a 'sign me up, Norwich' top. His cousin is Remi Matthews, who I believe is the fourth choice keeper for Norwich. We got to meet the superstar that is Clint Easton and get a photo with him.

On another note, Adrian Coote has been round my house and managed to remove a ring that had been stuck on my finger. I mingle with all the celebs...

• Paid Members

The 'travel across America' thing has always been the one I've wanted to do. I do get the impression that the reality might not live up to the dream though, but I guess that depends on how you do it. I've just always thought 'that would be so cool to do', but I've never actually looked into the practicalities of it or where I might actually visit along the way.

I'm not into extreme sports or anything like that, so I've never felt the need to do a sky-dive, bungee jump or anything. I'm quite content sat on my arse for the most part.

Obviously I want to own a nice house, nice car, start a family, get a dog, live forever etc, but I wouldn't consider that to be 'Bucket List' material.

• Paid Members

I always had two big ones growing up: becoming a wrestler and playing for Arsenal. Both I always saw as completely unrealistic pipe dreams that I will never accomplish. Well, the playing for Arsenal one still is and obviously will be, but I managed to become a wrestler. I'd never have thought I'd actually end up doing it as a kid, but always dreamt about it.

- Travel to USA (soon to be done)

- Road trip a country other than any in the UK

- Fuck it, road trip in England

- Travel to Australia

- Travel to an African nation

- Travel to Japan (and watch a wrestling show preferably)

- Travel to Mexico (and watch a wrestling show preferably) - that would make it a country on each continent I'll have travelled to, providing I go to the World Cup in Brazil.

- Wrestle pro shows (preferably not just one before buggering off)

- Go to a World Cup (hoping to go to Brazil 2014 or else there's Russia and Qatar next which I won't go to.)

- Go to a WrestleMania (soon to be done)

- See the Northern Lights

- Learn to speak another language fluently.

- Play a gig that I can be proud of. Preferably at a decent venue in a decent city.

- Get cape.

- Wear cape.

- Fly.

I might even keep a bucket list for myself to add to, like an Amazon wishlist like someone else said. Gives me some kind of direction and incentive.

• Paid Members
The 'travel across America' thing has always been the one I've wanted to do. I do get the impression that the reality might not live up to the dream though, but I guess that depends on how you do it. I've just always thought 'that would be so cool to do', but I've never actually looked into the practicalities of it or where I might actually visit along the way.

It's easy - buy a 90-day Greyhound pass that gives you unlimited travel for about $300. Then just turn up at a bus station and see where the next bus is heading! Or you can have a rough idea of a route and do it that way. I did it (granted it was some time ago) by starting in San Francisco, arranging to stay with friends in Texas, meet my brother in New Orleans and had gig tickets in Philadelphia before finishing in New York. Everything in between was a day-to-day adventure. If you don't like a place just move on. It's a great way of going off the beaten track and meeting people. If you drive you won't get to talk to as many people. You should try it! :)

• Paid Members

It's easy - buy a 90-day Greyhound pass that gives you unlimited travel for about $300. Then just turn up at a bus station and see where the next bus is heading! Or you can have a rough idea of a route and do it that way. I did it (granted it was some time ago) by starting in San Francisco, arranging to stay with friends in Texas, meet my brother in New Orleans and had gig tickets in Philadelphia before finishing in New York. Everything in between was a day-to-day adventure. If you don't like a place just move on. It's a great way of going off the beaten track and meeting people. If you drive you won't get to talk to as many people. You should try it! :)

Thanks for the tip, but fuck the bus. The dream is to drive or do it on a Harley ;) It's a road trip dream more than anything else.

Archived