The Slam - New Wrestling Talk Show

Bluetonic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, something cool for free. Suitable background fodder.

Might get that immortalised for the show!

It was meant as a compliment. There is a lot of wrestling content out there whether it be shows, fan interactions, interviews, matches etc etc. Typically they are too samey for me to be bothered with. What you have is something different. Not exactly the best production values, but far from garbage. I think the longer you guys go, the more people get used to your style and opinions and decide whether they are worth listening to or not, you'll be better off for. The worst thing would be for you to drop off the radar and be forgotten about. Be consistent with the uploads so people start watching out of habit. Like how I know to go into WH Smiths at a certain time of the month to read Power Slam, put it back on the rack without paying, then go online and rip the stuffing out of it here for being a joke.

Keep on trucking and don't listen to people who just cry you suck... they probably have acne and small penises (like what Fin Martin thinks of me, but he's wrong of course)

Again, something cool for free. Suitable background fodder.

Might get that immortalised for the show!

It was meant as a compliment. There is a lot of wrestling content out there whether it be shows, fan interactions, interviews, matches etc etc. Typically they are too samey for me to be bothered with. What you have is something different. Not exactly the best production values, but far from garbage. I think the longer you guys go, the more people get used to your style and opinions and decide whether they are worth listening to or not, you'll be better off for. The worst thing would be for you to drop off the radar and be forgotten about. Be consistent with the uploads so people start watching out of habit. Like how I know to go into WH Smiths at a certain time of the month to read Power Slam, put it back on the rack without paying, then go online and rip the stuffing out of it here for being a joke.

Keep on trucking and don't listen to people who just cry you suck... they probably have acne and small penises (like what Fin Martin thinks of me, but he's wrong of course)

Oh yeah absolutely - this is a weekly thing, it's (hopefully) not going anywhere, so I'm glad you've said that. What we have to offer is something a little bit different - it's can't be straight laced wrestling discussion, because a) there is too much of that on pod-casts and the like, and b) it's professional wrestling ! It's supposed to be fun, so that's exactly how it should be treated, so I'm glad you've said that!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys - I know I'm supposed to stick to the big Slam thread, but this is too special to hide away there!

A very special episode of The Slam saw an exclusive hour long interview with Mick Foley. Mick chatted with host Jim Smallman about a multitude of topics, including (but not limited to) who he would most be interested in wrestling out of the current WWE roster, why he took part in this years Royal Rumble (and how he managed to run to the ring), the Cena/Punk match from Money In The Bank, which wrestling autobiography he'd most like to read, his favourite theme tune and so much more.

Hope you all enjoy

• 3 weeks later...

Latest episode was put up a couple of days ago.

This week Jim Smallman was joined by two of the top British talents in wrestling today, in Jimmy Havoc, and Leroy Kincaide to discuss all the latest in their careers. Among the subjects chatted about included the paranormal, and the weirdest fans in wrestling.

Plus we had some excellent people on Skype. Rob McNichol joined us to chat this weeks edition of WWE Raw, while author and journalist John Lister came on to talk about his latest book.

And if you enjoyed the rant of Mantaur Fan a few weeks ago, then we have a very special treat for you in store...

• 1 month later...

New episode up here:

The Slam returned for its May show with a lot to talk about. British wrestling stalwart Greg Burridge joined host Jim Smallman and Rob McNichol to chat all the latest in wrestling, including Brock Lesnar v John Cena at Extreme Rules, plus a detailed look at the PPV.

We were also joined on the phone by one of the finest darts players in the world, Paul Nicholson, who chatted about his love for wrestling, and whether he thought Phil 'The Power' Taylor was a heel or a face...

Then Greg wrapped the show up chatting about his career so far, including a story on how TV presenter Jonathan Ross is entering the wrestling industry..

Archived