The Slam - New Wrestling Talk Show

Bluetonic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you make a podcast of this? It would be a really good idea, cause i usually just convert it and listen to it when i go for a run or whatever. Looking forward to this, as I've really enjoyed the previous 2 episodes. Good job. :thumbsup:

Will definitely look to have one in place for next week!

Brendon Burns makes it a bit more watchable than the last two weeks, but it's still really, really painful so that's not saying much. Terrible host lets it down, but I warmed to the bloke from The Sun a bit.

I laughed at the PowerSlam reference. "Miserable bastards. They're a public company. You're telling a CEO what to do, and you're a glorified fanzine." That Smallman character laughed as well, but he's clearly a fucking idiot with no sense of self-awareness, given his comments later. "THEY SHOULD START PUSHING BRYAN AS A KILLER! THEY NEED TO GIVE HIM THE CATTLE MUTILATION BACK AS A FINISHER! BRODUS CLAY SHOULD BE A MONSTER! TRIPLE H HOGS THE SPOTLIGHT!"

Brendon Burns makes it a bit more watchable than the last two weeks, but it's still really, really painful so that's not saying much. Terrible host lets it down, but I warmed to the bloke from The Sun a bit.

I laughed at the PowerSlam reference. "Miserable bastards. They're a public company. You're telling a CEO what to do, and you're a glorified fanzine." That Smallman character laughed as well, but he's clearly a fucking idiot with no sense of self-awareness, given his comments later. "THEY SHOULD START PUSHING BRYAN AS A KILLER! THEY NEED TO GIVE HIM THE CATTLE MUTILATION BACK AS A FINISHER! BRODUS CLAY SHOULD BE A MONSTER! TRIPLE H HOGS THE SPOTLIGHT!"

Appreciate your feedback pal!

Do you make a podcast of this? It would be a really good idea, cause i usually just convert it and listen to it when i go for a run or whatever. Looking forward to this, as I've really enjoyed the previous 2 episodes. Good job. :thumbsup:

Just use THIS YouTube to MP3 converter. It'll take a minute or so at the most, and you'll then have the audio saved as an MP3 file on your computer.

Just use THIS YouTube to MP3 converter. It'll take a minute or so at the most, and you'll then have the audio saved as an MP3 file on your computer.

Yeah thats what i do :laugh: just thought it would be good for the show overall if they did a Podcast aswell! Cheers though!

I think the host is great fairplay and the fact he's got different opinions is one of the things I like,so many sports shows like this just have generic hosts who dont really have their own opinions for fear of pissing people off.The fact he expresses what he thinks and the fact it differs from his guests makes the show interesting in my opinion.I've enjoyed the 3 shows so far and think you are doing a great job

In this edition of The Slam, Jim Smallman and Rob McNichol were joined by top women's wrestler Rhia O'Reilly to discuss all the latest in her career. The trio chatted about Raw this past week, Pro Wrestling Eve, and women's wrestling in general. Plus, a look back at which 80s wrestler you would like to see back, and more talk of how comedy works in wrestling, with Mick Foley's UK comedy tour operator.

And, the craziest four minutes of television history, as an enraged Mantaur fan fought back against injustice..

This show keeps going from strength to strength IMHO. Would like to see a bit more UK stuff on there though.

Don;t you present this show?

I do agree with you though ;)

Nope! This is Jon rather than Jim.

Thought it was nice to see a longer section on UK wrestling this week (in the shape of PW EVE).

As a general note, the coverage of British stuff is dependent on the production team having usable footage, which needs to come from the promoters. As the show seems to be getting good reviews and is watched here and overseas, I would suggest that it's worth taking some time to send in a highlights package, and maybe even ask the top stars on your upcoming show to be available for a studio or Skype interview.

The latest episode of The Slam was a barnstormer, with regular host Jim Smallman joined again by top female wrestler Rhia O'Reilly and British hardcore icon Jimmy Havoc. The trio previewed this weeks upcoming Elimination Chamber PPV, the last episode of WWE Raw, plus a look at TNA, with the departure of Vince Russo and the Against All Odds PPV. Plus, a look at the best wrestling theme tunes, an examination into the psyche of hardcore wrestling, and a Mick Foley themed cake! We also had a look at Scottish promotion ICW, plus, jobber of the week, Jim's big question and so much more!

Archived